the one with the hero of the match

forty

🐺🐺🐺

🐺🐺🐺

“Could it be any more cold?” Elyna Benston used her best Chandler Bing voice. She wasn't cold at all, but she had to pretend to be like a normal person.

“Sweetheart, I understand you are re-watching Friends, but that doesn’t mean that you have make references every single time.” Lydia sauntered over to the bleachers beside her best friend.

“You already know what you’re getting into when you accepted my friendship.” Elyna scoffed, placing her modified earplugs correctly into her ears. Elyna knew that being club or a stadium, without her modified earplugs, could make her super-sensitive senses go haywire.

“Yeah, endless and repetitive movies and series references.” The  girls climbed up the bleachers.

Elyna spotted Noah Stilinski and Melissa McCall, who were sitting together and waved to them, who waved back to her.

Melissa stood up and beckoned the girls to sit beside them. Lydia shrugged and climbed up to them, with the wavy brunette following her.

“How are you, Mrs. McCall?” Elyna asked Scott’s mother hoping that she would know that Elyna was hinting at the nurse's life after her exposure to the supernatural world.

“It’s still strange after that night, but I guess I have no option to just accept and continue, do I?” Melissa said softly.

Elyna bit her lips. “ You should know that Scott didn’t any of this. He could have lead his life unaffected with everything that had been happening, but he still feels obliged to protect everybody and always finds himself in mess.”

Melissa looked at the girl.

She knew what Elyna was but somehow she wasn’t scared of her. She was surely weary of her, but not scared.

Melissa wondered how much time her son had spend with this girl who had just come to the town and already seemed to know so much about him. But the Hispanic woman had to admit, whatever Elyna said about Scott was correct.

“I know and that scares me sometimes.” The mother said. “His goodness and selflessness can be his fatal blow.”

“Don’t worry. He has some really faithful friends and allies to support and protect him. Stiles is the one because of whom Scott had come so far with his life and Allison had always gone against her family norms for her friends.”

“And you?”

The Siren-Human stopped short. “M-me? What about me?”

“Aren’t you too friends with Scott, Stiles and Allison? I already know that you and Lydia are best friends- Scott had told, but what about with the rest?"

Elyna looked away, her fingers fiddling with the hem of her jacket. “I...I am just in a temporary alliance until this whole mess is over.”

“But Scott says that you are protective of them. He had told me how you had saved Stiles’ life, protected Allison and I’d too seen you back in the police station.”

“That was all in this truce thing. I-I just want to live hassle free here, until it’s time for us to go.” Elyna quickly said and looked at the field, indicating that she didn’t want to continue talking about it anymore.

Actually she was herself thinking about it for the past few days, while she found herself being more connected to Scott, Stiles and Lydia and Allison.
She was in a dilemma. One part of her, the rational part of her, wanted her to severe all ties as soon as the Kanima mess was solved and the other part of her, the emotional fool part of her wanted to be friends with them even after.

Elyna knew the best, how being attached ended up for her but she just can’t console her heart this time to stay away. Maybe it was her fault for being so close to Lydia in the first place.
Elyna glanced at the strawberry blond beside her who happily sipped on her coffee while Noah talked to her.

Elyna couldn’t have left Lydia in her dark place even if she wanted to. That girl needed someone and Elyna just couldn’t have walked past her. She is not heartless and probably that is her fatal blow.

Elyna broke away from her thoughts when she spotted Stiles and Scott jog into the lacrosse fields, in their maroon jersey and all geared up. She smiled. She always thought that Stiles looked cute in that jersey.

Lydia nudged sharply Elyna on her shoulder when she didn’t spot the wavy brunette clap and cheer along with every BH supporters. Elyna winced in pain and glared at the strawberry blond.

“Oh no. Why is my son on the field?” Noah Stilinski said in a panicking voice as Elyna’s head shot up.
Her hazel eyes widened when she indeed spotted Stiles running to the goal with his lacrosse stick tightly clutched in his hands.

“Because he’s on the team?” Melissa said, bemused.

“He is.” The Sheriff blinked. “Yeah, he’s on the team. He’s on the field.” He chuckled with realisation. “My son is on the field!”