the one with perfectly toned abs

fifty-one

Elyna Benston stood in front of the animal clinic scrutinising the building and it’s surroundings. Surely she’d heard about this place and surely she had heard about Dr. Alan Deaton- who is a vet/supernatural know-it-all.

Stiles had told her about the many times the man had saved Scott and the pack and that they trusted him in having a way with everything supernatural.

Elyna of course, researched about him herself and got to know that he was indeed a vet and interestingly, his cousin was Morrell, the school counsellor, but there hadn’t been much about him or his cousin which was interesting or noteworthy to Elyna.
So she was actually intrigued to meet this person.

Elyna waited outside the clinic for Stiles, who was parking his jeep.

Althrough the ride, there was a thick, impenetrable tension between them. Elyna wanted to talk, but Stiles had turned on the volume of the radio almost all the way up and Elyna took the hint and shut her mouth.

She could hear shuffles of feet and something heavy being dragged across the room. She could smell Scott and Isaac and Derek. She could smell a human- Alan Deaton.

Elyna glanced at the thick black mountain ash, circled around the building- a necessary and a smart precaution from the supernatural which told Elyna that Deaton was known by many supernaturals other then Scott and his friends and that not all of them had friendly relationship with him.

Stiles jogged to Elyna once he’s parked his jeep correctly. “Let’s go in?”

“Sure.”

Stiles glanced over his shoulder to see Elyna easily crossing the circle of mountain ash and stepping into the building, causing both the teenager to raise his eyebrows in confusion.

“Don’t worry, Stiles, your Siren friend knows that she can cross the mountain ash barrier if it is willed by the person who had drawn the barrier in the first place.” Deaton came out of the inside of the clinic and met the Siren-Human who seemed to be the only thing that Scott had been talking about since the past six months.

“Deaton, this is Elyna.” Stiles took it upon himself to introduce the two. “Elyna, this is Deaton.”

Elyna nodded at the man politely but didn’t return the smile that the man sent to her. However, Deaton didn’t seem to mind that much.

“Forgive my forwardness but my god.” Deaton looked over the Siren-Human in awe. “I never thought that I could ever see a Siren in my life.”

“That’s because I’m not an ordinary Siren.” Elyna pointed out. “You won’t see Sirens dwelling on land like this.”

“True.” The man nodded. “But you do have understand that nobody had seen Sirens and lived to tell their tale, either. So sorry if I can’t control my... inquisitiveness.”