CHAPTER3

As the friends attending the two's birthday party arrived, they all came to greet Meng Yang and Yu Junchen and deliver birthday presents.

"Happy birthday."

"Happy birthday, here's a gift for you, I hope you like it."

"Thank you." Meng Yang and Yu Junchen smiled and thanked all of them, accepting the gifts and putting them away.

"It's so great that you're going to have your birthdays together."

"Yeah, my relationship with my brother isn't that good."

"It was Meng Yang who was willing to accommodate me and have my birthday together with his," Yu Junchen said with a smile.

"The feelings are mutual, you know me. If others treat me well, then I will return the feelings twofold. Junchen often tells me that even if everyone else abandoned me, he would stand firmly behind me and never do anything to betray me. I must be good to him for what he's promised me again and again."

Yu Junchen smiled, but his smile was a little reluctant, his heart full of guilt.

Meng Yang's mother died shortly after the divorce with his father, and his father married Yu Junchen's mother soon after. Yu Junchen entered the Meng family before he was ten years old. His life was very hard before the age of ten, and after arriving at the Meng family, he lived a life that he could never have dreamed of before. His mother told him that if he wanted to always live like this, he had to please Meng Yang.

Meng Yang's mother was a strong woman, but Meng Yang's father was a burdensome man. Although Meng Yang's mother had been busy with her career, in fact, she was very aware that his father had always maintained some kind of connection with his first love. In order to give Meng Yang a complete family, she chose to pretend not to know.

When Meng Yang was nine years old, his mom suddenly filed for divorce and handed over the management power of the company to the deputy general manager. She transferred all the property and shares under her name to Meng Yang and signed an agreement with the bank to manage it on his behalf, so Meng Yang was free to handle it once he became an adult. Within months of this, Meng Yang's mother died.

Adulthood in this country came at 16 years old, and one can get married at the age of 18. Meng Yang was now 19 years old and had long held economic power, so all the people in Meng Yang's house depended on him. They all knew about Yu Junchen's affair with Luo Sheng, but they kept him in the dark for their own peace of mind.

When compared to Meng Yang, Yu Junchen actually felt quite inferior. Meng Yang was very rich and it was all his own money. He was also better looking than him and was surrounded by many friends.

Yu Junchen had been ingratiating himself with Meng Yang, looking for an opportunity to join his circle of friends and slowly get more friendly with them.

After all of the guests arrived, Lu Junjing had people push out the cake and asked Meng Yang and Yu Junchen to make a wish and blow out the candles. Meng Yang let Yu Junchen make the wish alone, saying that he had already made a wish on his own birthday. In his mind, he thought that being reborn was the best wish that could come true.

"The first wish, I hope our family can be healthy and safe; the second wish, I hope..." Looking at Meng Yang, Yu Junchen said, "I hope Meng Yang will be happy. The third wish..."

Yu Junchen didn't say the third wish aloud, but instead wished with his eyes closed that he would be in love with Luo Sheng for a lifetime.

Yu Junchen blew out the candle and smiled amidst the cheers of others. Luo Sheng was standing behind others by the wall, watching Yu Junchen with a tender look of love.