CHAPTER 62

As soon as Meng Yang put the child to sleep, the maid came in to inform him how Luo Xiu's three younger brother's wives had come to talk to him, asking him if they could see him.

Meng Yang directly declined: "Just say I've fallen asleep, ask them to go back."

Even without seeing them, Meng Yang could guess what they were trying to say. Nothing more than words to gain pity and sympathy. Because he also had a child now, they would definitely say it was all for the sake of their children. It was easy to change from frugality to luxury but difficult to change from luxury to frugality. Even if they could already live a life much better than ordinary people, it was too difficult for them to change their previous living habits, definitely bringing out some contradictions. What's more, Luo Xiu really wanted to give up the original company of the Luo Family. They couldn't imagine what their living standards would become by then, making them terrified.

Putting the child in the innermost part of the enormous bed, Meng Yang slept in the middle waiting for Luo Xiu.

After returning to the room, Luo Xiu had a wash, then went to bed. Hugging Meng Yang, he started kissing him.

The two kissed for a while, then Meng Yang pushed Luo Xiu's face away before saying, "Don't do it tonight. This is the Luo family's ancestral home."

"What about it being the ancestral house?" Luo Xiu asked doubtfully.

"We came back to worship our ancestors. In case the ancestors really came back, it would be bad if they heard us." As a reborn person, Meng Yang was somewhat superstitious.

Luo Xiu couldn't help but smile: "I don't think the ancestors of the Luo family will have such a vulgar taste of listening in the corner. Not listening to things they shouldn't listen to, they must understand, so you can rest assured."

"It's not good if we wake the child up," Looking back at the sleeping baby,  Meng Yang continued.

"We'll be quieter, so we won't wake him up." saying that Luo Xiu pressed on Meng Yang's body.

Putting his hands on his shoulders, Meng Yang asked, "You really want to do it?"

"Because this is the ancestral house, we will have our bridal chamber* tonight." Luo Xiu whispered in his ear.

Meng Yang couldn't help blushing. He no longer refused Luo Xiu.

Before dawn the next day, the servants and maids of the Luo Family Mansion became busy as they all began to prepare for the function.

Luo Xiu got up early as well. He was going to open the door, set up the incense table, put incense, then welcome the ancestors.

About an hour after Luo Xiu left, Meng Yang got up to wash. After washing and changing his clothes, the nanny came in to inform him Luo Xiu's cousins ​​and sister-in-laws had come to bring him breakfast.

In the past, there was indeed the etiquette of giving food to the sister-in-law on festivals or other important days, but that was an old custom of the past. From them doing it now was purely to please Meng Yang.

Since they had come to give him breakfast early in the morning, if Meng Yang refused, it would appear as if he was too unkind. So he went out to meet them.

"Good morning everyone, thank you for thinking about me, have you eaten?" Meng Yang spoke with a smile, then walked over to the main seat and sat down.

The women looked at each other but didn't say whether or not they had eaten. They just smiled and started opening the food boxes they had brought. After taking out the contents, they placed them on the big round table in the middle.

"This is goat milk cake. It doesn't have any fishy smell. It is sweet but not greasy. It melts in the mouth. Perfect for breakfast."

"This is wild vegetable shrimp dumpling, the soup in it is very fresh, it's better to eat it while it's hot."

"This is a wide noodle for fish soup. It's made of wild eel bones, small carp and pig bones. It is rich and delicious, and it tastes very delicious."

"This is fresh pork wonton..."

"This is bird's nest porridge..."

"This is the crab bun..."

Meng Yang watched them introduce more than a dozen dishes, although the portions were not too much, each dish had colour and flavour. Meng Yang felt funny in his heart. After he entered this mansion, he felt as if he had come back to an ancient world. Now when they were acting like this, it gave him the feeling of actually living in ancient times. He knew they were trying to please him, however; he was a man. It made him very uncomfortable seeing these women who were a dozen years older than him wanting to serve him breakfast.

  When Meng Yang was about to let them go back for breakfast. However, before he could say anything, the maid came in to inform Aunt Huang had come to bring him breakfast.

"Let her come in." Meng Yang permitted.