CHAPTER30

After breakfast, Meng Yang and the others directly set out for the city's largest fragrance garden, where quarterly price-guessing auctions were held during every season.

Lin Songtai and Xu Wangya, as well as the other masters of the school, had already arrived and were drinking tea and chatting. Yu Junchen and the others had arrived, but Xu Wangya's expression wasn't very good. The students' heads were slightly lowered in silence.

Meng Yang and his fellow students went over to salute the masters.

"Sit down," Lin Songtai said with a smile. "I heard that yesterday's spice auction was completely dominated by Meng Yang?"

"Not completely," Meng Yang replied. "There were several ingredients I didn't think I really needed, so I didn't bid on them. Later, I thought that even if I didn't need them currently, it's always useful to save them for later. As such, I took the entire last half."

Lin Songtai and several other masters around him smiled, while Xu Wangya and the masters around him at another round table didn't look very good.

"Teacher, did I cause any trouble by doing this?" Although Meng Yang didn't feel the need to hide his strength, it was still better to ask.

"You're still a student, so it's necessary to show off your talent as much as possible. When you're more famous, remember to leave a bite for others," Lin Songtai said.

"Yes, this student will remember." Meng Yang also believed this. For now, it was more important to establish a reputation to be able to participate in more exclusive auctions in the future.

"Why don't you come with me later and guess on some prices?" Lin Songtai asked.

"Thank you for the opportunity. If I guess the price correctly, can I buy it myself?" Meng Yang asked.

"Naturally," Lin Songtai said.

"Thank you, teacher," Meng Yang thanked him happily.

With the sound of the gong, all the wooden folding doors separated from the inside and were pushed open. The qualified bidders stood up and walked in, while the others stayed outside to watch.

Everyone who had the qualifications to bid could bring along one person as a helper; most people would bring in people who were experts at price-guessing.

There were also people like Lin Songtai who took their students in to learn and experience the world.

Yu Junchen was the most promising student of Xu Wangya at present, so Xu Wangya naturally took him along. No matter what, he had to train Yu Junchen to gain more achievements, and then he would have more say in the college and association. If Yu Junchen was competing with Meng Yang, Lin Songtai would certainly take advantage of this opportunity to suppress him.

The first round of the price-guessing auction began with two kinds of materials. Only one person from each group could go up to identify the quality of the spices per round.

The first round contained ingredients that Xu Wangya needed, so he went up by himself to identify the ingredients.

Bradley was in front of Meng Yang, but suddenly turned around and said, "Please, go ahead."

Meng Yang didn't know what to make of this and didn't want to speak any useless words, so he just nodded and went to the front to confirm the quality of these materials.

Meng Yang just went to smell them and didn't need to look at them, so he decided to return to his seat. After thinking for a while, he wrote down a price on the wooden plaque.