CHAPTER16

Xiao Ke came in with a group of his friends. He put the bottle of wine in his hand before Luo Sheng and said, "I heard that your father remarried to your ex-lover, so my friends and I came to congratulate you. This bottle of wine is a gift. A former lover changing to one's father, I don't know a second person besides you. It's very gratifying."

"Crazy Xiao, I advise you to get out of here before Luo Sheng gets angry, or you'll definitely regret it!"

Xiao Ke pressed against his chest exaggeratedly. "Hurry up and make me regret it, Young Master Luo, I beg you."

"You really need a lesson. You need to be taught by me every once in a while before you feel comfortable." Luo Sheng looked at Xiao Ke coldly.

"If I had the habit of messing around with other people's cars like you do, do you think you'd still be able to say that to me?" Xiao Ke looked at Luo Sheng with heavy sarcasm. "You should thank me for not having the same habit as you, otherwise you would have been lying in the hospital."

Luo Sheng's face became even uglier at Xiao Ke's words.

"Crazy Xiao, don't talk too much! There's a limit to what you can say!"

"I'm just telling the truth, but you think I'm going too far?" Xiao Ke raised his hand and pointed at all them deliberately, before saying provokingly to Luo Sheng, "Send one of your guys over to race with the people of our team. If you win, I'll write those words on paper and swallow them into my stomach, never to be mentioned again. If you lose, the car you use for the race will be ours. Do you dare to accept this?"

"What challenge would I dare not accept from a defeated general?" Luo Sheng looked at Xiao Ke and said, "Time?"

"Tomorrow at eight," Xiao Ke said.

"Okay."

Xiao Ke grinned, the corners of his mouth curling up as he turned away to leave with his friends.

Xiao Ke's best friend Su Di was very good at driving. He had competed with Luo Sheng many times, and Luo Sheng had only won once. Luo Sheng had only won that time because someone had messed with Su Di's car. Su Di's car had run out of control and hit a boulder during the race, and Su Di then fell into a vegetative state. Since then, Xiao Ke's temperament had changed a lot. He wanted to get revenge for Su Di using violent racing, but his driving skills weren't as good as Luo Sheng and he'd never won.

Luo Sheng felt that it wasn't his fault that Su Di became a vegetable because he didn't have people tamper with the car. Su Di's cousin wanted to borrow money from Luo Sheng and did it on his own initiative to please him. Although he didn't explicitly tell him not to do it at the time, he stayed silent, so Su Di's cousin took it as a yes. He still felt that this matter wasn't his responsibility at all.

Although Su Di's cousin had been sent to prison and Xiao Ke had retaliated against him in various ways, Xiao Ke still felt that it was Luo Sheng's fault that Su Di became a vegetable. As long as Su Di didn't wake up, Xiao Ke's hatred for Luo Sheng wouldn't disappear.

Meng Yang called Luo Xiu and confirmed that Luo Xiu would be home very late. He then went to Lu Yunjing's house and asked his bodyguards to stay outside.

After dark, Meng Yang changed into black clothes and put on a hat, sunglasses, and a mask. He then secretly left through the back door with Lu Yunjing.

Near the race track, Meng Yang got into Xiao Ke's car again.

There were a lot of people who came to watch. Xiao Ke's team was very famous among non-professional drivers, so every time their team wanted to race others, there would be many spectators. Before Su Di's accident, Luo Sheng had never won against Su Di. After Su Di's accident, Xiao Ke had never won against Luo Sheng. Therefore, people who came to see the event this time were more optimistic about Luo Sheng's chances.