CHAPTER 18

Before the engagement ceremony, Yu Junchen was in the lounge talking to his friends.

"Luo Sheng's really worthy of being the master of the Luo family. I heard that you can't have a party here even if you have the money for it."

"This is your hotel, of course you can use it whenever you want. You don't need to spend a cent, and can just give the order and someone will get everything ready right away, right Junchen?"

"I don't know. Luo Sheng arranged it all," Yu Junchen said with a smile. In fact, he knew very well that Luo Sheng personally went to the general manager of the hotel and asked several times before the manager agreed, not wanting to offend him. Even so, money had to be paid.

All of Luo Sheng's spending money was given to him by his grandfather. Old Master Cheng truly liked Luo Sheng very much and devoted more to cultivating Luo Sheng than any of his other relatives or grandchildren. Of course, this was to enable Luo Sheng to bring more benefits to the Cheng family after inheriting the Luo group.

"Junchen, will Luo Sheng's parents come today?"

"What nonsense! They'll definitely come; how could a son get engaged with his parents absent? Isn't that right, Junchen?"

Yu Junchen simply smiled and didn't answer. He wasn't sure if Luo Sheng's father would come, and he knew that Luo Sheng's mother wasn't coming.

"Then will Meng Yang come too? It still surprises me that Meng Yang married Luo Sheng's father."

"It must be because Luo Sheng and his father are quite similar. Meng Yang can't be with Luo Sheng, so he decided to marry his father instead."

"Meng Yang really is the only person who'd do something like this. But Junchen, now that Meng Yang and Luo Sheng's father are married, it shouldn't affect you and Luo Sheng, right? Just in case Meng Yang says some pillow talk to Luo Sheng's father or something..." (1)

These people used to be Meng Yang and Lu Yunjing's friends, but they hadn't expected that Meng Yang would marry Luo Sheng's father. They regretted that they had taken sides so early, but it was too late to regret things. With Meng Yang's character, he wouldn't even pay attention to his father, let alone to them. They could only stand firmly on Yu Junchen's side now and hope that Yu Junchen could successfully marry Luo Sheng, or they would've fought for nothing.

Some of these people's families could only be considered as well-off. Before, their conditions were far worse than both Lu Yunjing and Meng Yang's families. They were too different in comparison to the Luo family, so they'd never seen Luo Xiu himself. They just thought that since Luo Xiu and Luo Sheng were father and son, they would look very similar.

"Luo Sheng's father didn't disagree with our engagement, and I believe that the relationship with me and Luo Sheng can overcome everything," Yu Junchen replied.

The others glanced at each other before continuing, "Luo Sheng is his father's only son, and he hasn't remarried until now. He must plan to have Luo Sheng inherit everything. Being father and son, how could their relationship be so easily provoked? Luo Sheng's father will definitely respect Luo Sheng's choice in the end."

"Yeah, Meng Yang must be thinking that as long as he's married to Luo Sheng's father, he could certainly prevent Luo Sheng from being together with Junchen. Luo Sheng will be engaged to Junchen today though, so his wish is completely impossible."

"Let me say that even if Luo Sheng and his father look alike, they aren't the same person. How could Meng Yang bear to share a bed with someone who could be his father?"

"Luo Sheng is very handsome though. If he's similar to his father, then his father must also be good-looking."

"The age is still there. Even if they're both good-looking and they stood together, it'd still obviously look like a father and son."