CHAPTER 17

Yu Junchen accompanied Luo Sheng to the hospital for an examination and confirmed that he had no other injuries. Because Luo Sheng was in a bad mood, he still felt uneasy, so he went with Luo Sheng back to the main house on Longling Mountain.

Sitting on the sofa in the living room, Luo Sheng took a sip of tea from his teacup. When he remembered that he'd been hit by Xiao Ke's car, his anger flared up again and he threw the teacup to the ground.

Yu Junchen was taken aback by his actions, looking at him and saying, "We're holding our engagement party in four or five days. Do you want to get engaged to me in a temper?"

"No matter who I lose to, I can't lose to that lunatic Xiao Ke, otherwise he'll definitely ruin my reputation! I must win against him as soon as possible; I can't let him be arrogant for too long!"

"Even if you want to win again, can't you wait until we book the engagement party?" Yu Junchen looked at him beseechingly. "Don't think about it right now. I really don't want to get engaged to you when you're in such a bad mood, so just do it for me, okay?"

Luo Sheng took a deep breath and pressed down his anger and unhappiness. Holding Yu Junchen's hand, he said, "I'm sorry, I'll try my best to control my emotions..."

At that moment, Meng Yang walked in to see Luo Sheng's unhappy appearance and Yu Junchen's worried appearance. He smiled and deliberately asked, "Looking at the two of you with such happy faces, what good thing happened? How about sharing your happy feelings with me to make me happy too?"

Luo Sheng was already in a bad mood, and seeing Meng Yang, he felt even more uncomfortable. He gave Meng Yang a fierce glare and got up to go back to the room.

Yu Junchen also stood up. Taking a look at Luo Sheng's back, he didn't immediately follow him. Instead, he went over to Meng Yang and said, "Meng Yang, I have something to ask you."

"I'm in a good mood today, so I'll allow you to talk," Meng Yang said with a glance at him.

"I know that you wanted to get revenge on me and Luo Sheng, so you married Luo Sheng's father. We..."

"You hope that I married Luo Sheng's father for revenge, right? I ask you, in what way do you think Luo Sheng is better than his father? Is Luo Sheng more handsome and charming or is Luo Xiu more handsome and charming? Is Luo Sheng wealthier and more capable or is Luo Xiu wealthier and more capable?"

"..." Yu Junchen had a very clear answer in his heart that he couldn't say.

"Don't think too hard. The answer's already pretty obvious, isn't it? I've married a man like Luo Xiu; do you think I still have Luo Sheng in my eyes? If you have a luxurious manor, who will think about a common villa?"

"You, you don't really like Mr. Luo, do you?" Yu Junchen asked, looking at Meng Yang in surprise.

"What if I do?" Meng Yang smiled and said, "Mr. Luo is much older than me, but in every other respect it's not strange that I'd like him, right?"

"Mr. Luo didn't marry you because he likes you. If you fall too deeply, you'll only be hurt more in the end." Yu Junchen gave this earnest and well-meaning advice as if he was doing it for Meng Yang's good. "Meng Yang, don't go on like this. Even if Luo Sheng isn't with me, he won't be with you. Even if you and Mr. Luo are married, you likely will end up unhappy. You deserve a happier life; if you just wait, I'm sure someone who loves you wholeheartedly will appear."

Yu Junchen's every word was very comical to Meng Yang. However, Meng Yang hid his derision towards Yu Junchen, and instead approached him to say in a low voice, "I'm so young and I look pretty good. I share Mr. Luo's bed every night, and then do some... I'm very confident that Mr. Luo will like me. After all, none of you thought I could marry Mr. Luo before, didn't you? Who can say exactly what'll happen in the future?