CHAPTER 6

Meng Yang's car crashed headfirst into the mountain wall, while Luo Xiu's car crashed half into the mountain wall and half into Meng Yang's car.

When Meng Yang hit the mountain wall, his forehead crashed into the glass with a violent collision, and he instantly slumped down. He felt dizzy and pained, but he finally got Luo Xiu's car to stop.

Just then, Luo Xiu had gotten a terrible headache and everything went dark. He tried hard to open his eyes, but everything was still completely black. It felt like something was hitting him, but he thought it was just an illusion from the pain. After he felt an even more violent collision, his disappearing consciousness slowly returned, and he felt his vision becoming clearer.

Luo Xiu quickly got out of the car once he clearly saw the situation. He rushed to Meng Yang's car and opened the door, seeing Meng Yang inside with his eyes closed and forehead bleeding. Luo Xiu was shocked and immediately pulled out his cellphone to call someone over, bending down to check on Meng Yang.

Meng Yang opened his eyes and saw his face before slipping into a coma-like state. Those eyes made Luo Xiu's heart shake, which filled him with wonder.

In order to make sure Meng Yang didn't freeze, Luo Xiu temporarily closed the door of the car and turned to look at the curve far ahead. If his car hadn't been stopped by that car, then he would've driven down that mountain and might be dead now. The man in the car saved his life.

Luo Xiu clenched his fists tightly; even he would be scared of the fact that he nearly died.

Luo Xiu's villa wasn't far away, so his bodyguards soon arrived. Luo Xiu carefully carried Meng Yang out of the car and had the driver rush to the hospital as quickly as possible.

Luo Xiu cradled Meng Yang in his arms, and after the bodyguard opened the medicine box, he personally handled the wound on his forehead with a hemostatic dressing.

Looking at Meng Yang's closed eyes, Luo Xiu was very worried and annoyed. This child had saved his life but had almost killed himself.

Most of the time, Luo Xiu went out with bodyguards. However, occasionally when he goes skiing he wanted to enjoy the feeling of being alone, so he went out without a bodyguard.

Today he'd suddenly wanted to go up to the mountain to ski, so he left without a bodyguard. Though his headaches were frequent, he'd never been in so much pain that he fainted before. The degree of danger just now, he and the child in his arms easily could have died.

When he arrived at the hospital, he immediately arranged for Meng Yang to have exams done. He also did a brain test for himself because the feeling was so strange. He wanted to determine how much his headaches had worsened. If the same thing happened in the future, he would have to take a bodyguard with him wherever he went.

Meng Yang felt uncomfortable, almost like he was hungover, with a headache and a nauseous stomach. He opened his eyes and blinked a few times before everything became clear.

"How do you feel? Are you okay?" Luo Xiu closely watched Meng Yang, waiting for him to fully wake up.

Meng Yang looked at Luo Xiu's face, somewhat in a trance, thinking that this was the man that he'd waited for those fifteen years. In this world, his face wasn't destroyed and his legs were fine; it was really wonderful.

This Luo Xiu, compared to the one he met in the last life, didn't look like the same person at all. Now, Luo Xiu was handsome, tall, strong, and had a perfect figure. Meng Yang's eyes moistened as the thought of their past lives brought complex emotions to his heart.

"Is it painful?" Luo Xiu guiltily looked at Meng Yang crying, thinking that his tears were from physical difficulties.

Meng Yang shook his head, signaling that he wasn't suffering.

"Don't be afraid. The doctor's already done a full body examination for you. You have no injuries other than the wound on the forehead, so once that heals you'll be fine," Luo Xiu comforted him softly.

Meng Yang nodded slightly, then closed his eyes and fell back asleep.

Luo Xiu asked the hospital to arrange the best ward for Meng Yang, as well as the best treatment and care. Over the next few days, Meng Yang could only rest in bed and undergo various examinations for his head. The doctors also assured Meng Yang that they would use the best medicine to make sure no scars were left on his forehead.

Meng Yang felt that there was no difference between living in a hotel room and living in the hospital, with the room service and Luo Xiu visiting him every day. It was only unfortunate that he'd missed the exam for the Saint James University (1) that he wanted to attend. He originally thought that once he changed the fate of Luo Xiu on the mountain, he would have time to go back and take the entrance exam. He didn't expect to be injured and have to stay for tests and treatment.

"Thank you for saving me," Luo Xiu thanked Meng Yang again.

"You already know who I am, don't you?" Meng Yang sat on the bed watching Luo Xiu.

Luo Xiu of course knew everything about Meng Yang, including his previous relationship with Luo Sheng. When he saw the information on Meng Yang, he was quite surprised at the coincidence. The person who saved him actually happened to be Luo Sheng's former lover, and they had broken up in such an unpleasant way.

What made him the most confused was that Meng Yang shouldn't be in this country at that time. After all, it was the time in China when universities were starting their exams, and Meng Yang seemed to appear specifically to save him.

"How do you want me to repay you?" Luo Xiu asked Meng Yang.

"Repay?" Meng Yang hadn't even thought about that.

"This life-saving grace should be repaid. As long as it's something I can do, I will help you out." Luo Xiu thought that if he really fell down that mountain, even if he was lucky, he would certainly lose half of his life. More than anything he dislikes owing people, let alone a life-saving debt, so he must repay him.

"I...I'll let you know after I think about it." Meng Yang had the sense of having picked up a genie in a lamp. After all, there was so much that the chairman of the Luo family could do, so he really had to think about it.

"I have to go back tomorrow to deal with some important matters. Would you like to go back with me, or would you like to stay here to recover before you head back?" Luo Xiu asked.

"I'll head back with you," Meng Yang replied immediately. Since Luo Xiu was returning to China, what was the point of staying?

Luo Xiu knew that Meng Yang had sold his house, so he didn't have a home and the relationship with his family was very strained. Meng Yang got injured because he rescued him, and he was obliged to take care of his post-injury recovery. According to his previous character, he would definitely send Meng Yang to a hotel, then let people take care of him until hospital tests said he was fully recovered.

However, looking at Meng Yang's deer-like moist eyes and sad listless look from his injury, he felt a softness that surprised even himself. In the end, he took Meng Yang home to care for him directly.

Meng Yang was also surprised that Luo Xiu would take him back to the Luo family home on Longling Mountain. When thinking about his plans for the future, he hadn't realized how pitiful and listless he looked in Luo Xiu's eyes.

Luo Xiu explained to the steward, Mr. Yuan, that Meng Yang would stay in the main house for a while. His housekeepers would take good care of Meng Yang until he was cured and could be cleared by the hospital exams.

Although it was the main house of the Luo family, it wasn't the Luo family's private property. Rather, it was bought by Luo Xiu, and the entire mountain was Luo Xiu's personal property. Meng Yang thought that since Luo Xiu invited him to live there, he could relax and live peacefully there. He also wanted to see what expression Luo Sheng would have once he knew he was there.