CHAPTER19

When spring came, students would begin to go back to school, and freshmen from all universities would begin to enroll.

The St. James University that Meng Yang had always wanted to enter was a famous private university countrywide, if not worldwide. This university had produced many celebrities.

The reason why Meng Yang wanted to be admitted to this university was that it had the best perfumery department in the country. He had learned all kinds of perfume-related knowledge since he was a child, so his basic knowledge was very solid, especially in regards to botany. So in his previous life, he had been admitted to the perfume department of St. James University. It was only after he entered the school that the gap caused by talent became more and more obvious.

In order to save Luo Xiu, Meng Yang had missed the entrance exams for St. James University and was originally not allowed to enroll. However, Luo Xiu's company invested a lot into the Perfume Department, School of Economics, and other departments every year. Over the years, the amount of investment had become very significant, so he asked the college to arrange a separate entrance exam for Meng Yang. Naturally, the college wouldn't refuse to give this big financial backer face.

Meng Yang's score in the entrance exam was very high. Even so, in some people's eyes he'd become a student who got into the School of Perfume through the back door.

On the first day of school, Meng Yang arrived at the entrance to the Perfume Department and went to the freshman classrooms. The School of Perfume at St. James University was like an ancient garden, with all of the buildings and arrangements done in a very classical style.

All the students were divided into classes according to their grades, but because it was the first day after being accepted, all of them were gathered in a large classroom. The seats in the classroom were arranged in a convex shape, with the table in the center of the front being the first seat in the whole grade.

Meng Yang's score in the entrance exam was higher than Junchen's, but with all of the grades and scores from high school, Yu Junchen's overall grade was higher than Meng Yang's. Junchen sat at the middle table and Meng Yang, as the second highest in the grade, sat at the first table to the left.

Meng Yang walked over and sat down while the other students watched. The students who knew each other were using their phones to talk. Meng Yang and Yu Junchen were stepbrothers, and their marriage and engagement with a father and son pair was the biggest gossip in the whole department.

Yu Junchen also looked over at Meng Yang and thought about how to talk to him. He had to reconcile with Meng Yang and try to make Meng Yang trust him as much as he had before. He wanted the chance to learn the contents of the Meng family's ancestors' books.

Only students in freshman year had the chance to listen to the master classes twice a month. After freshman year, only the students in the first class had the chance to listen to the master classes.

So in this first class, the students were all very excited about their first master class. Several national or even international level masters would teach them. Such an opportunity, for most of them, could only come once or twice in their lifetime.

A light tone reminded everyone that the class was beginning, and all the students stood by their seats. A few masters came in and sat at the front platform, each with two students who sat behind their master. After the teachers of each class were seated, the new students also sat down.

Of the two masters sitting in the middle, one had a serious face and indifferent eyes. Just looking at him gave the freshmen a sense of fear in their hearts. This was Yu Junchen's teacher, the world-class master of perfume, incense mixing, and aromatherapy, Xu Wangya. The other was slightly portly with a kind smile on his face. He was also a world-class master of fragrance, Lin Songtai.