CHAPTER 25

Luo Sheng was furious about what happened at the ranch, but Meng Yang felt this degree of anger wasn't enough.

So when Luo Sheng was invited by Xiao Ke to race again, he immediately agreed. He'd been thinking about racing with Xiao Ke again, and wanted to get back the face he'd lost to Xiao Ke last time.

Before the car race started, the racing track was very busy. The news that Xiao Ke had beaten Luo Sheng last time had spread and caused a lot of discussion. So this time, more people came to see their car race than last time.

"I haven't seen Xiao Ke race with others during this period of time. Did his driving skills really improve like you said?"

"If you'd seen the last time they raced, you wouldn't even ask. Anyways, I'm going to bet on Xiao Ke this time."

"But I didn't see it with my own eyes, so I can't believe it. After all, Xiao Ke lost to Luo Sheng so many times before. Maybe last time he only won because of good luck. Just to be on the safe side, I'll bet on Luo Sheng to win."

"It's said that Xiao Ke hired a very talented coach. During this period of time, he didn't compete with other people because he was hiding away and practicing hard. As long as he can drive normally like last time, I think there'll be no problem."

Luo Sheng's car arrived first, then Xiao Ke's did.

Xiao Ke pulled up to the front of the grandstand and opened the door to get out.

"Young Master Luo." Xiao Ke walked to Luo Sheng's car and patted its hood. "The new car looks good. I want it."

"You just won by chance last time, and you forgot the fact that you lost so many times before? Don't be afraid to sprain your tongue when you talk so big," Luo Sheng said with a cold face.

Xiao Ke smiled and said, "Talking big doesn't mean anything. It's really boring to use a car to bet on every time, really boring. How about we bet on something else this time?"

"What do you want to gamble?" Luo Sheng asked, looking at him.

"Whoever loses will invite everyone here to drink. If our team loses, I'll give a toast to everyone who bet on you and won. I'll say that I shouldn't have challenged you as you're someone beyond my level, as well as bow and apologize. If you lose, you should toast everyone that bet on my team and won, bowing and apologizing, saying that you shouldn't be too arrogant. Okay?"

When people in the nearby stands heard what Xiao Ke said, they looked at each other, thinking that Xiao Ke's gamble was too much. For rich second generations like them, money was a small thing, but face was something big. At least half of the people present would see him bow and apologize; what face would Luo Sheng have after that.

Luo Sheng hesitated, even though he was confident and positive that he could win against Xiao Ke.

"What? Young Master Luo doesn't dare to gamble?" Xiao Ke continued to provoke him. "I've lost so many times before and fulfilled all the conditions you've put forth, yet you've only lost to me once and you dare not to agree with my proposal. Is Young Master Luo so timid? Since it's like this, in order to spare Young Master Luo's small heart, we'll not wager something so big. For whoever wins, we'll pick one of the people who bet on the winner, and the loser will apologize three times like I said. Is that alright?"

Luo Sheng remained silent.

"Still won't gamble? It turns out that Young Master Luo's courage is that small? Then this car race isn't even necessary." Xiao Ke said to the people in the stands, "Let's go! Great Young Master Luo (1) is timid and afraid of losing. He can't afford to lose, so he can't compete!"