CHAPTER 28

The man could tell from Meng Yang's expression that Meng Yang recognized him. He looked gently at Meng and asked, "Are you going to eat? Can I invite you to go with me?"

Wu Feng and the others looked at each other and thought that this person was handsome, but they didn't know each other. What was the meaning behind inviting them to dinner out of the blue?

"No, we're going shopping before we eat and I've already reserved a table," Meng Yang calmly refused.

Bradley (1) was very surprised by Meng Yang's refusal. He'd thought Meng Yang had recognized him just then, but if he'd recognized him, how could he have refused his invitation?

"Goodbye." Meng Yang nodded to him and turned away.

Bradley was still surprised by Meng Yang's refusal, and Meng Yang and his friends were already slowly moving away.

When Yu Junchen passed by Bradley, he couldn't help looking at him more. He also felt that this man seemed a bit familiar.

"Wait a minute, I remember!" Wu Feng suddenly cried. "He's not that one guy, what's his name?"

"He's Bradley, the Vice President of the internationally famous perfume company Persevere (2). He's also known as a performer and famous model all over the world." Qin Hong also knew who he was at a glance.

"Yes, yes, that's him! I said that he looked familiar, I've seen his perfume ad before. He's amazing!" Wu Feng said excitedly. "Did he really invite us to dinner just now?! Did we just miss something big?!"

Everyone else realized this and began to talk about it.

"Was that really him? I thought it was just a lookalike, but he's the perfume icon!"

"Should we go back to find him now?!"

"Yeah, we're really lucky to get to meet Bradley, and he wanted to invite us to dinner?! I'm not dreaming, am I?"

"Wait a minute, you're wrong. It seems that he wasn't inviting us to dinner, but just Meng Yang."

"Meng Yang, did you not recognize him just now? Is that why you said no?" Wu Feng asked Meng Yang.

"I recognized him," Meng Yang said. "But we're not familiar with him. There's no reason for him to invite us to dinner."

"A meal has to be cooked to be eaten, right?" Wu Feng said. "He must've seen that you're talented and wanted to get to know you. If you can become friends with him, then you'll have many advantages during future overseas competitions. Buying rare materials would also be easier if you were friends with him."

Hearing Wu Feng's words, Meng Yang just smiled and said, "I booked a private room in Wangcheng Tower; you don't want to go?"

"Of course I want to go, but..." Wu Feng still wanted to persuade Meng Yang, but he was interrupted by Qin Hong.

"Meng Yang's right. We're not familiar with each other, so why should we agree to go to dinner with him?" Qin Hong said.

As soon as Wu Feng heard Qin Hong's tone of voice, he knew that he was jealous. He hit Qin Hong with his elbow and said, "You be less sour, I'm saying this for Meng Yang's sake. If Meng Yang can be friends with Bradley, it'll open many golden roads. If Meng Yang wants to go abroad to compete, it'll be a big help."

Yu Junchen had been deliberately slowing down behind them to listen in on Meng Yang. Hearing their conversation, he was surprised to find that the man just now was Bradley himself, and Bradley had even invited Meng Yang to dinner. Why was Meng Yang so lucky?"

Meng Yang and his friends wandered around the city for a while, buying many common but high-quality materials before they went to Wangcheng Tower for dinner.