CHAPTER 43

Taking Meng Yang's hand, Luo Xiu walked into the private room. Several other close friends of Luo Xiu's had also arrived, waiting for them both.

Seeing Luo Xiu and Meng Yang had come in, Li Yan, who was chatting with his friends, hurried over, greeted them warmly, then invited them to sit down.

"Today I invited all of us who have a good relationship with each other!" Li Yan spoke excitedly: "I must promote my xiǎo sǎoz well. Over the years, I went from taking one or two pills to taking a handful of them. But the problem got more and more serious, and the treatments haven't been effective for so long, but now it's only been over two months. I can actually sleep for five hours!"

Li Yan became more excited as he spoke. In his excitement, he stretched out to hold Meng Yang's hand. However, reaching halfway, he paused, turned his hand to hold Luo Xiu's hand hard. Then, looking at Meng Yang, he spoke excitedly, "Truly. Thank you so much! I haven't been able to sleep well for years. Thanks to you, I can finally sleep well again!"

Pulling out his hand hard, Luo Xiu replied instead, "Sit down and talk, we won't run."

Several friends saw that Li Yan was about to burst into tears. It was really not in line with his usual image, so they all persuaded him.

"Okay, okay, calm down and don't scare people."

"Sit down, don't ruin your image as a tough guy."

"Why are you so excited?" Sitting down next to him, Wang Xuan questioned.

Li Yan waved his hand to Wang Xuan before speaking, "You fall asleep as soon as you touch the pillow. You can't understand how painful it was for a person like me who has been suffering from insomnia for many years. When I found out I was having hallucinations, not knowing if I was awake or asleep, and having that feeling of: want to sleep but can't fall asleep, was really painful!"

What Li Yan didn't say was that when he was extremely uncomfortable and painful, for a moment, he didn't want to live.

A few of their friends looked at each other. Although they couldn't feel how painful and uncomfortable Li Yan really was before, they all had seen his haggard and awkward face before. There was a feeling that he was running out of time. Now, not only he looks better, even his spirits are better. Actually, they all can understand why he is so excited.

With a wave of Li Yan's hand, several of his bodyguards pushed several carts over and opened the boxes on the carts one by one.

"I know xiǎo sǎozi* is not short of anything. I can't think of what to give as a gift for a moment. I am a layman, so I'll send some monetary** things first. I hope my xiǎo sǎozi won't dislike it. When I find something good, I'll send it to my xiǎo sǎozi."

Those boxes were full of gold bars. Li Yan was in the gold business. He had a chain of gold stores in various cities across the country.

Luo Xiu accepted this gift for Meng Yang, as he needed not to be polite to him after being friends for so many years.

Li Yan wanted to toast Meng Yang again, Meng Yang drank a small glass, and Luo Xiu drank the rest for him.

As the wine tasted good, Meng Yang wanted to drink another cup secretly when he saw Luo Xiu was still talking to a friend. Who knew that right when he brought the glass to his mouth, Luo Xiu would take his wine glass and replace it with a glass of juice.

Looking at the juice in his hand, Meng Yang flattened his mouth, then put the juice down to eat.

Although Luo Xiu took the wine away, Meng Yang had a keen sense of smell, especially in the various mixed dishes. The taste he likes would be particularly obvious when he smells it. The fruity aroma was really tempting.