CHAPTER21

Xu Wangya had lost face from making trouble with Meng Yang in class and was naturally angry. However, he wasn't angry because Yu Junchen hadn't beaten Meng Yang. He was angry because he'd lived to such an age, what scenes had he not seen, and he had been put on the spot by a student that hadn't even entered his eyes before.

Xu Wangya did have to admit that Meng Yang's sense of smell was really strong. This incident had occurred because he had underestimated Meng Yang, so he had to bear it.

Still, he didn't think that Meng Yang was better than Yu Junchen. A sensitive sense of smell was an important asset, but talent in perfumery relied mainly on the ability to comprehend, and Yu Junchen was the best of all the students he'd accepted. He believed that his future achievements would be very amazing, and possibly in the future, Yu Junchen's achievements could surpass his. However, he thought that it was impossible for Meng Yang to surpass Yu Junchen in talent. In all the past years, he'd never made an error in his judgment.

Having lost the test against Meng Yang, Yu Junchen was in a low mood. At the same time, he was worried that Xu Wangya would blame him for this failure. He was only relieved when his senior brother, Wen Yuan, told him that Xu Wangya wasn't angry with him, and even thought that Meng Yang could never surpass him in the future.

After the masters left the classroom, the students walked out and talked about Meng Yang and Yu Junchen's scent test.

"No wonder Meng Yang's score on the entrance exam was higher than Yu Junchen's. He must've got a high score in the scent test and in knowledge of spices, since these two scores account for the majority. As for scores in the basic knowledge exam, we can get a general idea of the numbers from his scores in his previous school."

"I was sure that Meng Yang's score must have a lot of water in it, but judging from his performance, I don't think it's necessary for him to cheat at all."

"On the whole, is Yu Junchen stronger or is Meng Yang stronger?"

"I think Yu Junchen should be stronger. Accuracy in scent tests can be improved through practice, but talent is very hard to change and improve. Yu Junchen has won first place in competitions several times before, but Meng Yang has never won a prize in past competitions. He must be more talented."

"But Meng Yang has now become a student of Master Lin Songtai. He might be even better than Yu Junchen in the future, right?"

"Yu Junchen is a student of Master Xu Wangya though, and Master Xu Wangya's students are better than Master Lin Songtai's students. Isn't that widely known? It's obvious that the teaching ability of Master Xu Wangya should be better than Master Lin Songtai's."

"It's also worth saying that Yu Junchen is obviously more talented than Meng Yang. Since Master Xu Wangya's ability to guide is better than Master Lin Songtai's, the possibility that Meng Yang will be better than Yu Junchen is too small."

"Still, whether it's becoming a student of Master Xu Wangya or a student of Master Lin Songtai, it's a really enviable and desirable thing."

Meng Yang had two classes in the morning and two classes in the afternoon. After the end of the first day of classes, Meng Yang didn't head back to the main house in Longling Mountain. He instead asked the driver to take him to the headquarters of the Luo Group.

As he entered Luo Xiu's office, Luo Xiu was on the phone, so Meng Yang took out his own fragrance bottle from his backpack. (1) Taking off the bottle top and putting it on the small round table, he sat down on the sofa and pulled out a tablet. He'd saved some of the ancient books onto his tablet, and whenever he was free, he'd take it out to study and do research.