CHAPTER 12

Yu Junchen returned to the villa that Luo Sheng gave him. When he told the family about Meng Yang's marriage to Luo Xiu, the whole family was shocked and in disbelief.

"Meng Yang married Luo Sheng's father?!" Zhao Juan said in shock. "How... How is that possible? Why would Luo Sheng's father marry Meng Yang?" (1)

"Yes," Meng Yang's aunt said, also incredulous. "Meng Yang's age is so different from Luo Sheng's father. What's wrong with Meng Yang? He married someone who could be his father."

After recovering from the shock, Meng Yang's younger aunt reasoned, "Although... Luo Sheng's father is older, he is the leader of the Luo group. No matter what he looks like, based on his assets and strength, there must be many young men and women who want to marry him. Looks and love can't be eaten; while people are alive it's most important to enjoy life.

"That's right," Yu Junchen's aunt said. "This Meng Yang marrying Luo Sheng's father was a step up as he is the leader of the Luo group. I don't know how many years it'll take for Luo Sheng to inherit the Luo family's industry. If Meng Yang gives Luo Sheng's father a baby, who will inherit Luo family's property? This isn't good!"

"What are you talking nonsense for?!" Zhao Juan was very unhappy and said, "Don't you know that Meng Yang marrying Luo Sheng's father might affect Jun Chen's engagement with Luo Sheng?! You don't want to help Junchen find a way, but you're here to discuss how smart Meng Yang is to marry Luo Sheng's father?!"

"We, I'm not serious," Yu Junchen's aunt ridiculed. "Even if Meng Yang's marriage to Luo Sheng's father is a great thing, it has nothing to do with Junchen's uncle and me. Our hearts are definitely with Junchen."

Yu Junchen's aunt simply responded that they are people on Yu Junchen's side. If Yu Junchen is better, then they're better. No matter how good Meng Yang is, it has nothing to do with their husband and wife pair.

Meng Yang's younger aunt exchanged a look with his other aunt and said, "Sister-in-law, don't think too much about it. Our hearts are also with Junchen. After all, you know Meng Yang's character is extreme and eccentric, do we dare to expect him to help us? Junchen is such a kind person. We certainly hope that he can get successfully engaged and married to Luo Sheng and have happiness and fulfillment."

"Yes," said Meng Yang's other aunt. "We're all counting on Junchen now. Although I'm Meng Yang's aunt, we can't stand his temper. A person like Junchen, with his good temperament and character, deserves more happiness."

Yu Junchen, who had been sitting on the sofa without a word, stood up and said, "I'm tired. I'm going back to my room to rest."

"Junchen..." Zhao Juan also stood up and watched Yu Junchen go upstairs before saying angrily to the other people, "I tell you, if Junchen can't get engaged to Luo Sheng smoothly, you will all move out for me, nobody can stay here!"

As soon as Yu Junchen entered the room, he lay down on his bed. He could now somewhat understand Meng Yang's feelings. Everyone lived in his house, but they were all calculating about him for their own interests, both in front of others and behind their backs. But Yu Junchen already knew what kind of people they were, so he didn't really pay attention to it. Now, his biggest worry was getting engaged to Luo Sheng smoothly. He also needed to have Meng Yang continue to show him the contents of the books handed down by Meng Yang's ancestors.

Yu Junchen thought that Meng Yang couldn't understand and grasp the contents of the books, so they were useless in his hands. If they were in his own hands, they would certainly play a big role in facing the competition after school started. He really needed those books, but how could he get them?