CHAPTER 13

Meng Yang had been standing at the corner of the stairs, secretly observing all the people below.

Among those sitting below were Luo Xiu's three younger brothers, his older cousin, his two younger cousins, and their respective wives.

Old Master Cheng who had come in later was originally planning to use the identity of an elder, but Luo Xiu only said a few words and rendered him speechless.

Meng Yang could feel the imposing pressure just from looking at Luo Xiu's back, let alone those who were directly facing Luo Xiu.

For Old Master Cheng, Luo Xiu and his daughter had been divorced for more than ten years, yet he wanted to use his identity as Luo Sheng's grandfather to put on airs in front of Luo Xiu. He wanted to make Luo Xiu declare Luo Sheng as his heir. Luo Sheng was the child born of his daughter, but was not the green-hatted(1) Luo Xiu's child. However, Old Master Cheng had yet to know about this.

At present, the only people who knew about Luo Sheng not being Luo Xiu's son were Meng Yang, Luo Xiu, and Luo Sheng's mother. Luo Sheng's mother must have thought that no one knew about this fact besides her. Like this, Luo Sheng could inherit the Luo family's property, so it'd be of no benefit to her to say anything.

Luo Xiu had never said anything about this though. Meng Yang speculated that if he wasn't saying anything yet, he must be taking a breather and waiting for the right opportunity. Now, it wasn't that Meng Yang didn't want to take advantage of this information to get revenge on the Cheng family. He knew that the Cheng family would make every effort to get Luo Sheng to inherit the Luo family business, and the more they expected it, the harsher the blow. Luo Xiu was just waiting for an opportunity to give the Cheng family a fatal blow.

Meng Yang thought that there might be other reasons, but he couldn't ask Luo Xiu clearly until this matter was made public.

Seeing Luo Xiu stand up, Meng Yang immediately turned to go upstairs.

Old Master Cheng left first. Except for Luo Qi, Luo Xiu's second brother, who took his wife back to his residence, the others surrounded Luo Ming to continue and discuss what to do.

"What the hell is going on with Da Ge (2)? All of a sudden he decided to get married to someone who'd dated Luo Sheng. A father marrying his son's former lover, what does that look like?"

"That Meng Yang is only 19 years old and must have married Da Ge for his money. He and Da Ge are already legal partners, so even if they divorce now, he can take at least half of his property. That's all the Luo family's money! If Meng Yang really divided it, I really think that my heart would start bleeding!"

"What is Da Ge thinking? I recommended so many suitable people to him before and was told to mind my own business. Now he's suddenly married to a shareholder of a small company."

"That kind of little boy, just give him some money to play with. Is Da Ge marrying him actually bad or something?"

"He became Da Ge's legal partner. Who knows, we might even have to give him face in the future. We live to be this age and still have to give face to a person almost the age of our children, do you think that's right?!"

"Now we can only have Mother come back quickly. Only when she's here can I live in this house."

"I called Mother and she can't get away right now since there's no way for her to come back immediately. Mom said to just wait for her to come back. No matter what happens, don't bother her by calling her right now. When she can, she'll come back to deal with these things."

"Now we can't do anything but wait for Eldest Aunt to come back."

Luo Xiu came out of the bathroom after taking a bath and saw Meng Yang sitting on the bed watching him. He said, "There are many rooms on this floor where you can sleep. You don't have to force yourself to sleep with me."