CHAPTER10

Those people who used to be Meng Yang and Lu Yunjing's friends and were now friends of Yu Junchen were chatting around the indoor pool in the Luo family home.

"Luo Sheng had been with Meng Yang for over a year before and never invited us to come to the main house. Now he's just started dating you and invited us to play; the difference is too great."

"Luo Sheng and Meng Yang were just playing with each other. He and Yu Junchen are dating on the premise of marriage and will be engaged soon. Of course there's a big difference."

"Meng Yang didn't know what's good and what's bad. Feelings are a matter of both sides, and if you don't love, you don't love. What's the point of tearing face and making things so ugly? Wouldn't it have been better to part without blame and cut the knot as smoothly as you tied it?"

"Yeah, if they parted with no hard feelings they could've still been friends; angering Luo Sheng was really too stupid."

"It was because I didn't want to hurt him, so I kept it from him and tried to find a good opportunity to tell him, but I still hurt him," Yu Junchen smiled helplessly. "I'll apologize to him later, so he should... shouldn't be as angry anymore."

The others looked at each other, thinking that this was really hard to say. If you really didn't want to hurt him, you shouldn't have done such a thing in the first place. But these people, since they've chosen to bow to reality and stand on Yu Junchen's side, will of course not put their own thoughts to words. They immediately changed the topic to talk about other things.

On Luo Sheng's side, his friends around him were also talking about all the kinds of things he'd done for Yu Junchen recently.

"You're not really all in this time, are you? Are you actually going to get engaged to him?"

"Yeah, it's a little early to get engaged, even if you like him that much."

"I've decided that he's my true love. I won't marry anyone else except for him, so it's not too early to be engaged right now." Luo Sheng finished and looked over at Yu Junchen.

"But even though your grandfather agreed, are you sure that your father will agree?"

"Yeah, even though you grew up beside your grandfather, you are your grandfather's grandson after all, not his son. What'll you do if your father doesn't approve of your engagement with Yu Junchen?"

"Even if you give money to Yu Junchen to open a company, the gap between you two is still too big. From a family perspective, you're really worlds apart."

"Although your father doesn't care about you at all, I don't think he's likely to agree to your engagement with Yu Junchen."

"Even if it's hard, I'll fight for my own happiness. If I'm not with my beloved person in this lifetime, even if it means more money, what's the point? I am first an independent man and second my father's son. I'm in charge of my own life, and no one can interfere with my freedom of marriage," Luo Sheng said with determination. "My father only has one son and hasn't remarried for so many years. Apart from me, who else can he pass on this huge fortune to? Will he give it to my cousins who don't know how to learn and can only eat, drink, and play? Anyways, I'll certainly be engaged to Junchen."

The others looked at each other again. From Luo Sheng's eyes and attitude, they felt that he was really serious this time.

Last time, Luo Sheng was going to tell Luo Xiu that he wanted to be engaged to Yu Junchen, but he was too surprised and angry at seeing Meng Yang to tell him. Since then, he'd been thinking about the reason why Luo Xiu let Meng Yang stay there. He felt that it was likely the first step of Luo Xiu's opposition to his engagement. Thinking that rather than tell Luo Xiu and hear his opposition, he decided it was best to first decapitate and later present the trophy. (1) He'd have his grandfather help him and Yu Junchen hold an engagement ceremony first.