CHAPTER 56

Luo Xiu stood up. Taking the fruit knife in Uncle Yuan's hand, walked in front of Xu Minhua and slammed the knife hard on the coffee table. Looking at Xu Minhua, he spoke: "Since you feel I can't pay your kindness in nurturing with money, starting today I'll never spend another penny for you people. You can stab me now, this way I will give you back the life you gave me, I'll not repay you in any other way in the future. I've had enough from all these years, I'll never use any other means to maintain the so-called mother-child relationship with you."

Xu Minhua trembled with anger.

"Big brother, how can you use a knife in front of mom?" Luo Qi spoke, "Mom also, she did it for..."

Luo Xiu turned his head to look over, making Luo Qi immediately lose his voice. He did not dare to look at Luo Xiu's stern eyes. So he could only turn his head away to avoid Luo Xiu's sight.

"Are you trying to sever the mother-child relationship with me?" Xu Minhua looked at Luo Xiu with an ugly expression.

"Yes." Luo Xiu answered coldly while looking at her: "You are right, I want to sever the mother-child relationship with you, completely sever."

"Just for him?" Pointing at Meng Yang, Xu Minhua spoke. "Just for such a person, you are trying to be an unfilial son. Are you not afraid of thunder and lightning*?!"

[EN:*means divine retribution]

"If God has eyes, it would never be me! I've done my best to you." Taking the knife from the table, Luo Xiu handed it to her, "You only have this chance, only this opportunity, stab wherever you want, it wouldn't matter whether I am dead or alive, I'll regard this as paying you back the life you gave me. If you miss this opportunity, I will treat you as you gave up and will not give you a second chance. But I'll tell you now, even if I die, you won't get another penny from me!"

Looking at the fruit knife in front of her, Xu Minhua felt an unprecedented sense of fear in her heart. She felt Luo Xiu was not doing it just to frighten her. He was really determined to sever the relationship with her. She knew very well in her heart that, apart from Luo Xiu, her other sons were unreliable. Once Luo Xiu's support was lost, her life would plummet. But after so many years, she had become used to being so stern that she could not let out some soft words.

In such an atmosphere, Luo Xiu's three younger brothers could only minimise their own existence, because they knew, as long as they spoke, no matter what they did, it would anger Luo Xiu even more. But seeing Xu Minhua holding on and refusing to give in, they were very anxious. Luo Xiu had already shown such decisiveness. It was the most stupid behaviour to go head-to-head with him at this time. If Xu Minhua said a few soft words to ensure she would not interfere in Luo Xiu's affairs in the future, perhaps there was room for easing the situation.

"Since you didn't take this opportunity, then there won't be another chance." Luo Xiu turned around, handed the knife to Uncle Yuan, then sat down beside Meng Yang.

Leaning on him, Meng Yang held his hand, silently conveying his comfort. Although Luo Xiu would announce everything today and sever ties with his so-called family members to get rid of them completely, Meng Yang knew how Luo Xiu did not feel happy in his heart. Because the situation has developed to this point itself, it was not something that would make people feel happy. Even Meng Yang didn't feel happy about it as he was feeling more heartache for Luo Xiu.

A person like Luo Xiu would seem indifferent, but in fact, they were the most sentimental. However, once his feelings were exhausted, he would become more unfeeling than anyone else.

Looking at Luo Xiu, Xu Minhua shed tears. In her heart, she wanted to act soft because of fear, yet she couldn't say anything to be soft. She had no other reliance except for being Luo Xiu's mother. Now that Luo Xiu wanted to cut off the relationship between them, she couldn't not be afraid.