CHAPTER 20

Xu Wangya's students and two assistants brought up the "test questions", which were in a wooden box. These so-called test questions weren't written on paper, but were various kinds of powders, liquids, pastes, and solid raw material extracts that were all related to making perfume.

"Junchen, you'll be blindfolded to compete with him or he might think it's unfair," Xu Wangya said.

"...Yes," Yu Junchen replied, picking up the wide white strip of cloth and covering his eyes. Though he didn't want to worsen his relationship with Meng Yang, he could only show his strength now that things came to this.

Meng Yang sat down and also blindfolded himself with a wide cloth. Xu Wangya looked at his action and sneered.

Xu Wangya's two assistants opened the wooden box and took out the small covered saucers, and arranged them neatly on the long table in front of Meng Yang and Yu Junchen.

Just as Yu Junchen picked up the saucer and put it under his nose, about to concentrate on the smell, Meng Yang said, "Lingxiang bean powder." (1)

Yu Junchen froze for a moment, then waited for the answer to be announced.

The assistant swept the little powder in the dish into the lid with a feather and showed the bottom of the dish to everyone. "Lingxiang bean powder, correct."

"...Fir moss oil," Yu Junchen also replied.

"Fir moss oil, correct." The assistant showed the bottom of the dish.

"Tuberose root," Meng Yang answered again.

"Tuberose root, right."

"Zi orchid leaf," Meng Yang said.

"Zi orchid leaf, correct."

"Guihui grass."

"Guihui grass, correct."

"Honey pod."

"Honey pod, right."

Once Meng Yang had answered five kinds of plant ingredients in a row, Yu Junchen said his second one, "Guihui grass."

"Guihui grass, correct."

Other people were gradually becoming more surprised as Xu Wangya's brows furrowed.

Yu Junchen's heart was also a little anxious. He wanted to catch up with Meng Yang's speed as soon as possible, but with his eyes covered, he needed to concentrate to confirm the scent.

It was basically just Meng Yang's performance after that. Although Yu Junchen's accuracy was also very good, his speed was far behind Meng Yang's.

"The benzoin with sophora butter, cistanche, citrus pine, orange oil, and rice star calms the nerves and inner qi, makes people happy, and keeps them from feeling dizzy for a long time."

"...That's right." Xu Wangya's assistant looked at Meng Yang, even more surprised.

Benzoin referred to a type of fragrance. This kind of benzoin formula was quite common, but there were many different recipe combinations. Meng Yang being able to say all the ingredients correctly at such a fast speed was really too impressive.

After Meng Yang named several different kinds of blended incense in succession and also described the ingredients, all the students looked at him with shocked eyes. The masters sitting on the platform also couldn't believe it. As a student, naming only two or three of the major ingredients was already impressive, but Meng Yang had listed all the ingredients; his sensitivity to smell was really too shocking.