CHAPTER 63

It was almost noon when the table was opened for lunch. Leaving the child in the yard for the nanny to look after, Meng Yang then went to sit with Luo Xiu.

The dishes at the banquet consisted of food with big fish, meat and heavy oil. Because of the large gathering, many dishes were prepared. This made Meng Yang’s sensitive nose uncomfortable, making him have no appetite. As Meng Yang definitely couldn't eat the heavy dishes served on the table, the kitchen specially prepared some light dishes for him.

Putting a little rice into a small bowl, Luo Xiu scooped a few spoonfuls of boiled cabbage soup and added some yellow cabbage hearts in the bowl before placing them in front of Meng Yang for him to eat.

Meng Yang would take small bites to eat with his spoon, while Luo Xiu would pick vegetables for him from time to time. Until Meng Yang shook his head saying he had eaten enough, Luo Xiu continued to pick vegetables for him.

The relatives of the Luo family saw this. Just from these small details, it was already clear what Meng Yang's position was in the Luo family now.

Many relatives had come today. Since Meng Yang already rested after the sacrifice to the ancestors, he naturally couldn’t go back to his courtyard to hide immediately after eating. It was inevitable for him to have to talk to those relatives or listen to what they wanted to say. Since this was Luo Family’s Ancestral House, Meng Yang did the courtesy and politeness he should have, then let them say what they wanted to.

In the afternoon, they distributed the tributes to everyone. While the tributes inside the ancestral hall were distributed among the relatives of the Luo family, they distributed the tributes in the yard to the people in the town. At this time, Meng Yang found an excuse to go back to the yard to rest.

Luo Xiu returned to the courtyard after a while, then sat down beside Meng Yang. Looking at him, he asked, "Are you tired?"

"A little bit." Meng Yang answered while patting the child gently.

Kissing Meng Yang's forehead, Luo Xiu spoke, "Go to bed early tonight, I’ll take you out tomorrow."

"Really?" Meng Yang looked at him, "Aren't we going back tomorrow?"

"We’ll leave tomorrow at noon. So we can go out in the morning. The breeze in the morning is good. We’ll take the child out for a walk to let him see things he has never seen before." Luo Xiu replied.

"Good." Meng Yang commented with a smile.

Because he took a nap at noon, then went to bed early that day, Meng Yang woke up early the next day. After getting ready, he walked around the town with Luo Xiu and their child.

Taking Meng Yang's hand, Luo Xiu walked forward. The babysitter followed behind with a stroller, while many bodyguards followed beside them.

Morning in the small town was quiet and beautiful. Walking on the stone road, looking at the old houses on both sides, they couldn’t help but relax. This was a good place to enjoy a slow peaceful life. Because it’s the off-season for tourism, there were few tourists in the town, mainly the residents living in the town remaining.

Stopping in front of a small shop, Meng Yang took a rattle, then squatted down in front of the stroller to tease the child.

"Baby, look at this, do you like it?" Shaking the rattle, Meng Yang questioned.

Luo Junye, who was over two months old, didn't seem to be interested in the rattle in Meng Yang's hand. His eyes were fixed at the colourful windmill pinwheels that were turning.

Turning his head to glance, Meng Yang then asked Luo Xiu to bring over a windmill.

After Meng Yang took the windmill, he looked at the baby while asking, "Do you like this? The windmill is for you, the rattle is for me, we’ll let your dad buy it for us, okay?"