1 ❥ welcome to las flores, bitch!

"Catalina Faye you better get your ass up before your late for your first day!" my father yells from downstairs

"Don't worry dad I'm already up" I yelled from upstairs

Truth is I didn't sleep at all last night because I felt like I was gonna throw up. It even got to the point where I came up with a master plan of telling my dad that I caught the black plague. The only problem... my dad isn't an idiot. So here I am dragging myself into the shower getting ready for my first day of hell aka Las Flores High School, but this school is not just any high school, this school is one of the most expensive private schools in the country and is home to some of the richest kids in New York. How I managed to land a spot you ask, my dance scholarship.

I started dancing when I was 3 years old, after my mom passed away. She was also a dancer. She loved dancing more than anything (except for my dad and I) and was always so confident up on stage, my dad tells me that that's one of the reasons why he fell in love with her. My mom actually went to Las Flores hence the reason why I wanted this scholarship so bad.

Every year Adrianna and Xavier Mitchell, two of the richest and most successful movie producers to date host a state-wide talent show for teens ages 13-17 in order to award one "lucky" person a full-ride scholarship to study the art of music and dance at Las Flores. Last year I performed one of my favorite pieces mom performed when she was my age and ended up winning the scholarship. I think that was a sign from mom.

"Look who finally woke up from the dead" my dad says with one of his usual goofy smirks.

"Ha ha very funny" I said with a not so cheery smile.

My dad has always been my best friend. After my mom passed away he always did his best to make sure I didn't feel left out around other little girls who had their moms. For example, in 6th grade, our school hosted their annual "Mommy-and-me" dance and in order to cheer me up, my dad walked into the dance with a dress, a pair of heels, and a wig and even though every single person was laughing and making fun of him, he grabbed my hand and danced with me for the whole three hours. Oh god and let's not forget the whole "your body is changing" talk... most traumatizing shit I've ever had to go through but all in all my dad definitely takes the crown for "dad of the year".

"Well hurry and grab something to eat because you need to go on for your first day" dad sings as he's running out the kitchen in search of his keys.

"Ahh how exciting! I am so proud of you and i'm sure your mom is looking down at you smiling to see how far you've come". Dad says which brings a big smile on my face.

"Ok ok calm down old man, let me get through my first day first and then maybe we can start celebrating" I say with a laugh as I grab a banana from the fridge and head to the car where my dad is just about ready to leave my ass for taking so long.

"Call me old man one more time and you can walk tomorrow" he says with a tight smile

"But the school is like a 45 minute walk" I reply