53 ❥ one secret ruined everything

"Hey, mom! Where's dad?" My sister asked as soon as we got into the car

My sister has always been a daddy's girl while Jess and I usually prefer our mom.

"I'm sorry Julie, he called me a few minutes ago and told me he got caught up at work. He won't be able to make it." My mom replies.

Well...no surprise there.

My dad always brushes us off.

Asshole.

"Oh...okay." My sister says sadly.

"Why are you so surprised Jules, he always ditches us," I mutter.

"He promised me!"

"HE ALWAYS PROMISES! DOESN'T MEAN HE'S GONNA FOLLOW THROUGH WITH-"

"Jade ENOUGH!" My mom cuts me off while glaring at me through the rearview mirror.

"You don't have to be so mean about it," Julie murmurs.

I watch as she pulls out her AirPods and puts them in so she can ignore me and mom.

I hear a few sniffles come from her and I notice her wipe the corners of her eyes.

My sister has always been on the sensitive side while I prefer keeping my problems to myself.

We're complete opposites, in almost everything.

I fight the urge to roll my eyes because I remember that she has no idea about our dad having an affair...with our best friend's stepmom.

Speaking of Alyssa, she told us everything,

About her dad and Jonathon's affair.

To say Jules and I were shocked would be an understatement.

We were flabbergasted.

Right now she's staying with Xander and Axton Mitchell but she did sleepover at our house a couple of times too.

She's meeting her real dad in a couple days and I can tell she's nervous because she keeps getting distracted during class.

"Where are we going?" I ask

"The mall. Your father and I are going to an event tomorrow and I need a dress." My mom says.

"Okay," I mumble.

The rest of the car ride is pretty awkward, I try talking to my sister but she just ignores me.

Now I feel bad for yelling.

It's just really frustrating, you know?

We finally make it to the mall and head in.

"Alright, you girls, go walk around, meet me at the car in an hour." My mom says before heading towards Bloomingdales.

"Wanna go to-"