18 ❥ looking for asher

"Xander I swear to god if she pulls a knife out-"

"Arya! Calm down. We'll go in together and tell her." I cut her off.

"Ok, ok, I'm sorry." She surrenders and shuts the passenger door as we both make our way into the diner.

Arya clocks in and I take a seat at one of the stools right in front of the kitchen.

"She's not here yet and her shift started 10 minutes ago," Arya says and I turn around to see if Ryan is anywhere around the diner.

"That's okay, she's probably just running late-"

I was cut off when the doors of the diner were suddenly yanked open and a very flustered and sweaty Ryan stumbles in with a bunch of bags and art supplies in her hands.

"Jesus Ryan, way to be subtle." I laugh as I make my way over to her and help her with her bags.

"Shut. Up." She groans and makes her way to the back so she can clock in.

She walks back out a few minutes later less sweaty but still flustered.

"Are you okay? Why were you late?" Arya asks.

"I'm fine. The stupid subway I normally take broke down a few stops before mine so I had to run here." She sighs.

"You ran? For 30 minutes!" Arya gasps.

"Yep."

"Why didn't you tell me? We could have come and picked you up." Arya asks.

"It's not a big deal." Ryan mumbles.

Arya looks over at me and signals for me to tell Ryan about the scholarship.

"Hey, Ry?"

"Yeah?"

"So you know how my parents give away scholarships to Las Flores?"

"Mhm"

"Well, they're offering another one...for art."

"What? Are you serious?" She asks.

"Yep, which means you have a chance of going to Las Flores with us!" Arya says excitedly.

"When's the deadline?" Ryan asks.

Arya and I look at each other and I hesitate for a second before I reply.

"One week."

Ryan just looks between us and suddenly bursts out laughing like a maniac.

"That's funny because I thought you said one week." She continues laughing and wipes the corner of her eyes.

"That's because he did," Arya says.

That causes Ryan to stop laughing and glare at us.

"WHAT?" She gasps.