62 ❥ talking things through

"Ugh, I can't take this anymore!" Jade yells before dropping her utensils

The three of us stop eating and just stare at her.

"Jade-"

"Look, guys, I'm really sorry I lied to you about dad but I just didn't know how to tell you. I just didn't want our family to fall apart and since Jess had already witnessed dad cheating before, I figured he would know what to do." She explains.

My mom and Julie remain quiet while I give Jade a small nod.

She's been beating herself up ever since that night.

I feel bad leaving her home alone with them so I usually bring her to practice with me so she isn't bored.

I'm honestly shocked that Julie hasn't forgiven her yet, she's usually the type to forgive and forget but not this time.

"Julie, you know Jade would never purposely hurt you." I try to reason.

"Jesse, don't try to defend what your sister did." My mom says.

"Mom, how long are you gonna be mad?" I groan.

My mom has been locked in her bedroom for the past week and has been drowning in alcohol.

This is the first time she's come down.

"For as long as I want to." She scoffs.

"You're acting childish," I mutter.

"I walked in on your father with his dick in some other woman and you expect me to act like the world is all cupcakes and butterflies?"

Oh my-

"Jade, Julie go upstairs. Now." I say.

Luckily they don't argue, they just silently get up and go upstairs.

"Mom, I'm so sorry about what dad did but you can't stay mad at us forever."

And she takes another swig of her drink.

I roll my eyes before reaching over and taking her drink from her.

"You know, I can't even remember the last time your father told me he loved me." She drunkenly blurts.

"And he's an idiot for that."

"I loved him so fucking much and he just decides to throw that away for a girl HALF HIS AGE!"

"He's a fucking idiot."

I know I'm a guy but I'm gonna have to agree with the girls when they say "men are stupid".

I walk over to the fridge and fill up a glass with ice-cold water and hand it to her.

"Mom, I think the worst thing for you to do right now is to drink your feelings away. Right now you need to keep your head held high, sign the divorce papers, and slowly move on."