20 ❥ "alex"

⚠️ TW: Mention of abuse ⚠️

"Alright Ryan, Focus!" I stare at the blank canvas in front of me.

Ughhhhhhh!

Usually, this shit comes easy to me because my drawings/paintings are mainly about other people or random things I see around me.

But now I gotta create one about myself.

Oh, and I only have 4 fucking days to complete it.

"Alright, I'm heading out! Goodnight sweetheart!" I look up from the canvas and send my coworker Carol a smile and a wave.

"Goodnight Carol!"

Luckily the diner isn't busy tonight, there are only two tables full and they're about to leave so that gives me enough time to work on my project.

Since I work 7 days a week and go to school in the morning, the only time I can work on the piece is here at the diner when it's not busy.

I wave at the last couple of people as they head out of the diner and quickly grab all my art supplies and head over to one of the booths.

Technically we're still open for another hour but it's currently 11:00 at night and usually, no one comes in this late.

I scatter all my supplies on the table and yet again blankly stare at the empty canvas.

Fuck. Me.

Why the fuck couldn't the Mitchells just pick a fucking topic.

My life isn't even all that, all I do is go to school, then to work, and then I go home.

That's literally it.

I look up from the canvas when I hear the bell ring and I watch as someone enters the diner.

I don't think he notices me because he starts to look around and lingers by the door.

"Hello?" He asks.

I quickly get up from the booth and approach him.

"Hi, sorry I didn't hear you walk in. How can I help you?" I ask.

I nod my head so he can take a seat at one of the stools.

"Can I get a coffee?" He asks

"You want a coffee...at 11:00 at night?" I raise a brow.

He laughs while I grab a mug and pour him a cup of coffee.

"It's cold out." He shrugs.

Jeez, he's really cute.

He's tall, maybe 6'4, with really pretty green eyes and dark brown hair.

Oh, and that smile...panty-dropper.

Stop Ryan, you have a boyfriend!

"Would you like anything else?" I ask.

"No thanks." He mumbles before taking a sip of coffee.