47 ❥ reality fucking sucks

"Hi, Grammy!" I squeal excitedly as I walk into her hospital room

The second we landed, Xander and I went to the nearest flower shop to get my grandma flowers and made our way over to the hospital.

"Arya! Honey, you gave me a fright!" My grandma gasps before a big smile takes over her entire face.

"I missed you!" I say before pulling her in for a tight hug.

"Is Xander here?" She asks.

"Grammy...I'm starting to think you like him better than me." I joke.

"I do."

"Grammy!" I yell before we both start to burst out laughing.

And just then, Xander walks through the door.

"Grammy!" He hollers before setting the flowers on the table and pulling her in for a hug.

I just stand back and watch the two of them talk and laugh about random things.

The way Xander's face lights up anytime my grandma "accidentally" reveals something embarrassing about me.

Or how he helps feed her whenever her hands start to shake.

I never thought I would say this, but I think I'm falling in love with him.

Holy shit-

"You look better," I say to her.

"Well, I would hope so. I don't know what Xander did but nurses and doctors come in and out of my room every 30 minutes. You didn't have to go through all this trouble, Xander."

"Don't worry about it. As long as you're doing better, that's all that matters." He smiles down at her.

My heart is about to burst.

"How was Hawaii?" She asked.

"AMAZING!" I yell.

"We did so many things! I tried surfing for the first time, we went swimming in a waterfall, snorkeling, dancing in a club, and so much more!" I explain.

"That's great honey! I'm glad you ended up going."

"I mean I had no choice, you literally shoved me out of the door." I laugh.

Before I could tell her more, a nurse came in to check her vitals.

I feel Xander walk up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist.

"You forgot one thing." He whispers so only I could hear him.

I did?

"What?"

"All the sex we had."

"Xander!" I gasp.

"What?" He laughs.