2 ❥ the phoenix with broken wings

"Asher" I hear as I'm shaken out of my sleep

"ASHER GET UP!" I hear my annoying little sister Alyssa yell right in my ear

"WHAT DO YOU WANT LYSS" I yell trying to grab my pillow from her hands so I could go back to sleep

"Dad told me to tell you that he needs to talk to you about something" she says. Oh great...here we go again. The only time my father ever wants to talk to me is when it comes to my future. He has it all planned out and everything. My father, Jonathan Phoenix, is by far the best lawyer in New York that money can buy. The man has been a lawyer for over 20 years and has probably only lost 2 cases. As for me, he wants... no actually DEMANDS that I go to one of the Ivy Leagues after I graduate so I can get my degree and eventually take over his firm.

"Fine, tell him I'll be in his office in a few minutes" I say as I finally get up and head to my bathroom to take a shower

God I can't stand my father, when I was 14 my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and by the time we found out she got sick, we were too late and she ended up passing away just a few months later. About 4 months after she passed, my dad met his gold-digger of a wife Macy (who is only 9 years older than me may I add) and all she ever does is take my dad's card and buy herself the whole god damn Gucci store. Does my dad care... obviously not. He's only with her because she's hot and she makes him feel less old than he actually is.

The worst part of it all was that since my sister was only 9 when my mom died and my dad and his dumbass wife were always too busy, I had to step in as both a mother and a father figure for her and basically raised her all on my own. I swear she has more respect for me than her actual FATHER. I love Alyssa more than anything, she's really the only thing that's kept me from losing my shit and as much as I have helped her grow up and mature, she's helped me do the same. We're each other's rock.

I finally head out of the shower, put on my uniform for school and head towards satan's office.

"Lyss told me you wanted to talk to me" I say while taking a seat in a chair right in front of his desk

"Your AP Lang teacher called me yesterday, she told me you failed your essay" he stated as he looked me straight in the eye

God! him and my teacher are so god damn annoying! I didn't even fail the paper, I GOT A C+ that's literally a passing grade! Ever since I joined Las Flores my freshman year, my dad has gone up to all of my teachers and demanded that they call him to tell him if I ever got lower than an A on an assignment. To be fair I didn't really try on the paper, the topic was to write about something that happened to you that changed your life drastically and I didn't feel like writing a whole fucking sob story about my mom passing away.

"I got a C+ dad...that's literally a passing grade" I say bluntly

"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU THAT C'S AND B'S ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE" he yells