68 ❥ breaking down

"Axton, I need you to run this to Tim

"Axton, I need you to run this to Tim." My boss says as he hands me a huge stack of papers.

I fucking hate this job.

It's draining and all I do is take orders from a fat guy who enjoys making others miserable.

"Sure," I mumble before taking papers.

Last week, Ryan came so we could have lunch and he started flirting with her.

She was super uncomfortable but he didn't even care.

Luckily, Tim is the only reasonable guy at this office so I don't mind going to his office.

He's only a few years older than me but the guy is a fucking executive.

He hates the boss as much as I do.

"Hey man!" He says as soon as I walk into his office.

"Hey!" I laugh.

"What's up?"

"These are for you," I say before dropping the pile on his desk.

"One day I'm hoping you will be dropping food on my desk instead." He says before flipping through the pile.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing and I immediately check to see who it is.

It's the hospital?

What the fuck.

I immediately answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello, may I speak to Axton Mitchell?" A woman asks.

"This is him."

"Your brother Xander Mitchell was admitted a couple of minutes ago, he had an extremely high dose of adrenaline in his system." She explains.

Xander? Hospital?

My heart immediately starts to beat faster and I actually have to hang on to the desk for support.

"Is he okay?"

"He's stable but he keeps coming in and out of consciousness and his heartbeat is very low."

"Oh my god. I'll be there soon. Did you try calling my parents?"

"We did, they didn't pick up." She says and I just hang up.

Are you fucking kidding me?!

Their fucking son is in the hospital and neither of them picked up?!

I immediately stormed out of the office so I could grab my things and leave.

"Axton, where the hell do you think you're going?" My boss asks.

"My brother was just admitted to the hospital and I-"

"Does it look like I care? Get back to work!"

"What? Are you kidding?"

"Does it look like I'm kidding?"