76 ❥ i'm sorry

Arya and I decided to just spend the night in a hotel in Boston

The next day we took a tour around the city and now we're on our way back because my brother texted me saying that our dad has to talk to us.

My dad's definition of "something important to talk about" could mean anything.

He's probably pissed about something again.

"Babe, you're tapping your fingers on the steering wheel again." Arya chuckles.

"Oh, sorry," I mumble.

It's something I do when I'm nervous.

I don't even know why I'm nervous, I've gone through so many of my father's meltdowns.

"Don't worry, I'll be right there with you." She says before reaching over and squeezing my hand.

After a few more minutes, I park my car in my spot and we make our way upstairs.

I feel my hands begin to shake so I grab onto Arya's to help calm me down.

Once the elevator door opens, I see my dad, mom, brother, and Ryan sitting in the living room.

They all look very awkward.

Great.

Arya and I walk over to them and take a seat next to Ry and Ax.

"Okay, what's up?" I break the silence.

"Your father has something to say to you boys," Mom says.

Axton and I give each other an uncertain look before nodding.

"I- uh I'm sorry." He mumbles.

If we weren't sitting so close I probably would have never heard him.

"Um okay?" My brother says.

My mom nudges my dad in the side as a sign for him to continue.

"I'm sorry for the way I've treated you these past few years." He says.

Wow, are my ears deceiving me?

I feel my jaw drop and watch as Axton's does as well.

"Axton, I'm sorry for always putting so much pressure on you and expecting you to always be perfect. I'm glad that you decided to go against me and do what you love. I went into film because I've always loved it and if you want to travel then go travel. You're still young and have so much going for you. I'm also sorry for never checking in on you while you were gone and never being there for you when you needed me. You were just always so independent and I always thought you were doing fine on your own but I still should have reached out and been a better father to you." He says to my brother.

Axton isn't one to get emotional but I notice the side of his eyes begin to water.

"Wow oh- wow," Axton says.