27 ❥ puppy love

I don't think I've ever had as much respect for Ryan as I do right now

I've been taking over her shifts for the past four days and I never realized how much she works until now.

I'm fucking exhausted.

"Need any help?" I turn away from the kitchen and towards my lovely boyfriend and his annoying ass brother who is heading towards the stools in front of me.

"YES!" I groan as I hear the bell ring from behind me signaling that the food is ready.

I quickly grab as many plates as I can and make my way to each of the tables, handing each customer their food.

"Arya! A minute please?" I hear Bertha ask from her office.

"You needed me?" I ask.

"I need you to work till closing tonight and close up for me." She mutters as she begins counting the money from the register.

"Do I have a choice?"

"Nope."

"Great," I mumble and make my way back into the diner.

Thank fucking god I'm on my break.

"Finally! I haven't seen you in days." Xander laughs as I take the seat next to him and he places a kiss on my cheek.

"I know but you know I have to cover for Ryan." I groan.

"Wanna know what my stupid brother decided to do?" He asks.

"I'm sitting right here jackass," Axton mutters.

"What did you-" I was cut off by a small, high-pitched bark.

"YOU GOT A DOG?!" I gasp.

"Yep." The brothers say at the same time. Except for Xander groans and Axton smiles.

"LEMME SEE!"

Suddenly Axton pulls out his hand from behind his back and my eyes lock with the cutest fucking puppy I've ever seen.

It's the cutest chocolate lab with the brightest blue eyes.

"Oh my god! It's precious." I squeal.

"Wanna hold him?"

"Hell yeah!" I quickly reach out for the small dog.

The dog immediately nuzzles itself into my chest and I feel my heart melt.

"What's his name?" I ask.

"Oreo."

"Stop! That's perfect!"

"Xander, how are you not excited about this?" I ask shocked because Xander is a big dog-lover.

"I am! But, it was so last minute plus this little fucker keeps peeing all over my bed." He snickers while petting the dog.