48 ❥ confrontation

It's been a few days since the whole "your dad isn't your dad" situation and Alyssa has been staying with us ever since

In all honesty, I sometimes forget that she's here. She's pretty quiet, she spends most of her time working on homework or playing with Oreo.

Anytime Axton and I make food, she always insists on doing the dishes since she feels bad about staying with us.

We always tell her that it's no big deal but she never listens.

It's honestly cool having someone else in the house with us because as much as Axton and I don't mind each other's company, it's nice having someone else to talk to other than my brother.

She's like our little sister.

Asher has been blowing up all of our phones ever since that day but every time he calls or texts we just reply with "she's fine" or "stop worrying so much".

Asher has been one of my best friends for as long as I can remember but it doesn't mean I'm going to defend him for what he did.

Both Jess and I finally decided to meet up with him today.

So here we are, waiting for the fucker to walk into the cafe so we can scream at him.

Just kidding, I'm trying to be civil.

"He's 20 fucking minutes late," Jess mutters.

I look at my watch and the time reads 2:50 pm.

"Asher's always late, just give him till 3, and then we'll leave." I shrug.

I think out of us both, Jess is more pissed at Asher than I am.

Alyssa is best friends with his sisters so he's extremely overprotective of her.

"There he is," I say as we both look up and watch as Asher makes his way over to our table.

Jesus, he looks horrible.

He's wearing all black, he seems more pale than usual, thinner, the bags under his eyes are darker, and he seems restless.

Once he sits down, we all just awkwardly stare at each other.

Fuck, I don't know how to start a conversation!

That's Jesse's thing.

"How's my sister?" Asher whispers while looking down at his lap.

"She's fine." Jesse and I say at the same time.

"Oh...okay." He mumbles.

God, he sounds so broken.

"Why didn't you tell her?" Jesse says, getting straight to the point.

"I- I don't know."

"That's not an answer Ash."