4 ❥ just a disappointment

After everything that went down yesterday between Nate, Arya, and my lame ass attempt of an apology, I went home last night and got zero sleep

After everything that went down yesterday between Nate, Arya, and my lame ass attempt of an apology, I went home last night and got zero sleep. The only thing I could think about was her tear-stained face after she told me how humiliated she was when he said that and how pissed she was at me for not sticking up for her.

Though Arya and I have barely had a single conversation before yesterday, she heard that I was failing calc and was willing enough to tutor me in order to help me play football and basketball again. No one has ever offered to help me before, that's why I was so surprised when she asked. I'm not gonna lie, I was shocked at what Nate said as well, he's a dick yes, but he's never gone as far as to slut shame a girl. I could tell she was hurt just by the look she gave us when she turned around and even after seeing her storm off...I still did nothing. I cringe just thinking about my stupid half-ass apology I gave her. That's why I'm gonna make it up to her.

"Hey Arya...can- can we talk? Please?" I stutter as I look down at the girl who's back is facing me. She's currently in the middle of a conversation with some of her friends, including Lina. I stand there waiting for her to turn around and acknowledge me, but she never does.

"Arya, Xander wants to talk to you" One of her friends say

"I know, but I don't want to talk to him" She says as she continues her conversation with one of her friends

"Arya please. I just wanted to properly apologize after what happened yesterday." I say as I notice people beginning to stare at us

"What happened yesterday?" Lina asks

"Nothing" Arya says quickly as she finally turns around and gives me a glare

"You're not gonna leave me alone unless I hear you out huh?" She asks annoyed as she walks around me and towards her locker

"Nope" I say with a slight smile as I follow her

"Look, I just wanted to say I'm sorry, really sorry. I know Nate can be an asshole at times and I know that I should have said something to him. Please forgive me!" I say as she stops putting in her locker combo and looks up at me.

"Oh! and I got you these" I say as I remove my hand from my back and hand her the small bouquet of flowers I got her. She looks a bit taken back by the gesture but slowly grabs them from my hand. Suddenly we hear a few "awwww's" and notice a small group of people forming around us.

"Xander...if you think that shitty excuse of an apology and flowers will make me wanna tutor you again, you're wrong." she says with an eye roll as she pushes the flowers hard against my chest and walks away. I turn around, surprised at what just happened, I mean what girl doesn't like flowers? I then hear a bunch of "oooo's" and quickly walk away, feeling the most embarrassed I've felt in a while.

Fuck! I guess it's time to move onto plan b

----------Time Skip to the End of the School Day----------