45 ❥ the flash-drive pt.1

I've been home for an hour and all I can think about is the flash drive that's currently sitting in the drawer of my nightstand

I've been distant with Asher for the past week because I just can't help but think that maybe Dr.Moore was telling the truth.

Do I have a different dad?

Does Asher know?

Asher texted me and told me that he should be home within the next hour.

It's now or never, I guess.

I open the drawer and grab the flash drive with shaking hands.

God, I hope this is all some cruel joke.

I open my laptop and plug in the flash drive.

Suddenly a notification pops up labeled "For Alyssa".

I take a deep breath before pressing the "accept" button and I gasp when a video pops up.

I take another ragged breath before pushing play.

Suddenly a man walks into the frame and takes a seat on the couch, he takes a deep breath before pulling out a file from a briefcase.

"Hello Alyssa, my name is Grayson Hart." He says slowly and goosebumps immediately form on my skin.

I quickly reach over to the mouse and pause the video before he starts talking again.

I can't do this.

I feel sick.

Suck it up Lyss! It's just a video.

And once again, I take a deep breath and play the video.

"If you're watching this, it means the Christian has explained who I am to you."

Oh god.

"Alyssa...I am your father. Your mother was one of the pediatricians that worked at the same hospital I did. We had been working together for about 12 years before she tragically passed away."

"Your mother was a very happy person at the beginning of her marriage to Jonathan, they were head over heels for each other up until your brother's birth. After your brother was born, your father started working longer hours and became more distant. During this time, your mother would work less to watch over your brother. However, whenever she did come to work, she looked pale, underweight, and extremely exhausted. It was clear that there was something wrong with her and her marriage."

"Your mother and I were always very close friends, so sometimes I would go over to visit her and help take care of Asher after my shift. One night, when your brother was about 3 and a half years old, I came over to visit your mom and I found her bruised and bleeding on the floor."

I let out a gasp before pausing the video again.

Did Jonathan hurt her?

"She immediately started begging me to not tell anyone about what I saw. When she got up, she collapsed into my arms and started to cry. As I brought her upstairs to stitch her up, she told me everything..." I watch as he pauses before taking a ragged breath.