60 ❥ i can't watch you get hurt

Ryan gets abused by her parents

That's all I've been thinking about for the past 4 hours that she's been here.

I look down at the sleeping girl in my arms.

She looks peaceful all snuggled up against me.

She fell asleep almost immediately after I cleaned up all her cuts for her.

Seeing her all cut up and bruised makes me feel sick to my stomach.

I mean what kind of parent does that to their own child?

I think back to all the times I complained about my parents and cringe.

God, I need to start being more grateful.

I listen as my brother's door opens and hear as he makes his way downstairs.

I gently move Ryan's head onto a pillow and tuck her in under the large blanket.

I kiss the top of her head before making my way downstairs.

When I walk into the kitchen, Xander lets out a yelp.

"Fuck man, you scared me." He laughs.

I don't reply.

"Axton? Are you okay?" He asks before shutting the fridge and quickly walking over to me.

I think I'm having a panic attack.

I feel my knees begin to give out and Xander catches me.

"Dude you're crying," Xander says, his voice full of concern.

I'm not sure what came over me but I immediately wrapped my arms around him.

He doesn't even hesitate before hugging me back.

"What's wrong Ax?" He asks.

"They hurt her." I cry.

"Who hurts her?"

"Her parents hurt her Xander. THEY FUCKING ABUSE HER!" I yell.

"Ryan's parents abuse her?" He gasps and pulls away from me.

"You should have seen her man. She looked so fucking...broken." I whisper while wiping away my tears.

"Where is she?"

"Upstairs sleeping. This is all my fault, I could have stopped it. I-"

"Axton, it's not your fault. You didn't know." He tries to reassure me.

"What kind of fucking boyfriend doesn't realize that their girlfriend is being abused in her own home by her parents?"

"Dude, she hid it really well. I don't even think Arya knows." He says.

"I can't let her go back there, Xander."

"I agree."

"What if- what if she moves in with us?"