19 ❥ brotherly love

"Asher Phoenix's family? He's awake

"Asher Phoenix's family? He's awake." The nurse nods her head towards Asher's room.

All three of us stand up and make our way towards the room.

"Thank god you're okay!" Alyssa runs over to her brother and hugs him.

"Alyssa...you're squeezing me too hard." He wheezes.

"Good! That's what you get for ditching me for two days and not texting or calling me back!" She lightly slaps his arm.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." He mumbles and hugs her again.

I honestly feel bad for Alyssa, while we were waiting for Asher to wake up, she was pacing around the waiting room and praying that her brother wakes up.

Now that he's awake I see that her color has returned to normal and she's finally allowing herself to take a breather.

"Do any of you need anything? I'm gonna head down to the cafeteria and get some food." She says.

"A coffee please," I say.

"Same here," Xander says.

"No thanks, Lyss." Asher smiles.

She smiles back and heads out of the room.

That's when all hell breaks loose.

Xander walks up to him and grabs him by the collar of his hospital gown.

"Are you fucking stupid, man? Do you know how fucking scared she was?! What the fuck were you doing that you couldn't even text her back?" He glares down at him.

Jeez, I've never seen my brother this pissed at someone who wasn't me.

"I know I fucked up man. Something happened before I left and she was pissed at me so I had to leave and-"

"I know what happened...with your dad. She told us."

"What?"

"Well, what did you expect? You left her in the dark for the last two fucking days! And we all know that it takes a lot to get you pissed enough to storm out of the house. Where the fuck were you man?"

"I- I went to Madison's but-"

"Madison? As in your ex?" I ask.

"Yeah, why the fuck do you care? And what the fuck are you even doing here?" He snaps.

"Shut the hell up Asher, unlike you, he was actually there for YOUR sister and he helped save your life tonight!" My brother yells.

Asher just stays quiet.

"Look, right now all that matters is that you're okay. But clearly, something is going on with you and we'll talk about it later." Xander says and lets go of Asher's collar once Alyssa walked in again.