57 ❥ a forbidden romance

"So why Boston?" I ask my grandma

I mean she could have picked so many other places and she picked Boston...

I know she used to live here but she never really talked about it.

"I have a lot of great memories there." She says with a small smile.

"Like what?"

"I'll let you know when we get there."

Okay...

We've been driving for the past 3 hours and the GPS says that we're gonna be there in 17 minutes.

Thank god, my ass is cramping from sitting so much.

I decided to skip school today because I wanted this trip with my grandma to happen as soon as possible.

As the days have gone by, I can tell she's getting weaker and I don't want to waste any of the time we have left together.

I decided not to invite Xander even though grammy said she wanted him here.

Things are still pretty awkward between the two of us and as selfish as this may sound, she's my grandma and I want this trip to be solely about us.

When she asked me why he wasn't here, I lied and said he was busy with football...which is half true because football season has started, however Xander isn't as busy as I said he was.

We haven't properly spoken in about 2 weeks and I know it's my fault. I've just been so busy with work, school, and my grandma that I haven't had time to just sit and talk to any of my friends.

He stopped reaching out about 3 days ago, his last text said, "I'm not sure what I did wrong but text me when you're ready to talk."

It was blunt and I could tell he is upset over my sudden disappearance but it's for the best.

After my parents died, I was a fucking wreck.

I cried and poured out every emotion to all of my friends and that caused all of them to leave me.

So no way am I allowing that to happen again.

I haven't even told Ryan and she's my best friend.

She was the only one there for me after my parents died.

But, I don't want to burden her. Ever since she and Axton started dating, she hasn't stopped smiling. She's constantly giggling at the messages he sends her during class or she talks about the amazing dates they go on. I've never seen her this happy.

Why would I ruin that?

Plus, Xander has so much on his plate right now with football and college. He's been talking about all the college scouts coming to watch him play ever since he passed his midterm. Right now, I just need to distance myself from him so he can focus. The last thing he needs to worry about is my drama. I don't want his future to be in jeopardy because of me.