30 ❥ tease

I hate Axton Mitchell

The fucker has been teasing me ever since I stepped foot into his stupid house.

We all finally make our way into the restaurant and are immediately greeted by the owner.

"Mr. and Mrs.Mitchell, it's great to see you again!" The owner exclaims as he directs us to a secluded table in a different room.

"Holy- this place is gorgeous." Arya pauses as her eyes roam all around the room.

"We don't have to split the bill, right?" I hear Jackson ask behind me and Axton lets out a small laugh.

"No, we don't." I sigh.

We all take a seat around the table and of course, Axton decides to take the seat to my left while Jackson takes the one to my right.

"What are you doing?" I whisper-yell at Axton.

"Sitting." He replies bluntly.

"No shit, but why next to me?"

"Because I wanted to." He sends me a smirk.

WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO HOT?!

Jackass.

"So, Ms.Simmons, how long have you been an artist?" Mr.Mitchell asks me.

"Oh uh feel free to call me Ryan sir. I've been painting and drawing my whole life, I started when I was about 3 years old." I explain.

"I wanted to talk about your piece, what inspired you?" He asks.

Well, I obviously can't talk about my shitty home life so...

"I uh- it was inspired by a book I read," I say quickly.

"So the piece isn't about you possibly in an abusive household?" He asks before I choke on my water. I feel Axton quickly pat my back.

"Oh no, it's nothing like that." I try to reassure.

"Oh, I'm sorry for assuming Ryan. It's just, your piece seemed extremely realistic." He explains while everyone's eyes just stay on me.

I'm frozen.

How the fuck do you respond to that.

"Well, that was the goal." I lightly laugh and soon enough everyone else does too.

Except for Arya and Axton.

I feel like I'm about to fucking faint.

I grab my water glass and begin to chug it all down.

"Hey, hey, calm down." I feel Axton move the water away from my mouth.

"I'm fine," I mumble.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm going to use the restroom," I announce before grabbing my clutch and quickly making my way into the single-stalled bathroom.