33 ❥ a new tradition

"I can't believe you were scared of Santa Claus!" I laugh

"You should have seen his face when our parents made us take pictures with the mall Santa," Axton says.

Axton just told us the funniest story about the time when Xander peed himself because his parents forced him to say hi to Santa Claus.

"Alright! That's enough talking about me." Xander rolls his eyes and shoves Axton away from the camera.

It's Christmas Eve and we all decided to have a Group FaceTime.

Arya's with Xander, Ryan, and Axton.

Jesse's with Lili.

Asher's with Alyssa.

"So what's everyone doing tomorrow?" I ask.

"It's just Ax and me tomorrow so we'll probably just stay in," Xander says.

"Your parents aren't gonna be home for Christmas?" I ask surprised.

"Nope." I hear Axton yell in the background.

"Jess and I's families usually celebrate together," Lili says while braiding a piece of Jesse's hair.

"Xander and Axton are more than welcome to join." She adds.

"It's gonna be my grandma and I but Ryan always ends up coming over as well," Arya says.

"I don't always come over," Ryan says.

"Uh yeah, you do. You love to come over and eat the leftover Christmas breakfast my grandma makes." Arya laughs.

"Ok...that's true." Ryan sighs.

"How about you Ash?" I ask.

"Oh uh...we don't celebrate Christmas." He says.

Oh.

Oh right...his mom.

God, I'm an idiot.

"Oh shoot I forgot, I'm sorry," I say quickly.

"It's okay Lina, you didn't know," Alyssa says.

"What are you doing?" She asks me.

"Oh well it's usually just my dad and I but this year he has invited his girlfriend to join us," I say.

"Miss Carter is coming?" Jesse asks.

"Yeah..."

"How do you feel about that?" Xander asks.

"I mean it's obviously gonna take some getting used to, especially since she's one of my teachers but in a way, I'm also glad because I know she makes my dad happy," I explain.

"Jeez, you're so mature. If I were you I would have lost my shit." Xander says.

"THAT'S WHAT I SAID!" Lili yells.