9 ❥ big girls don't cry

"So you fucking left me for the bitch with the dead parents!" I look up when I hear that stupid cunt Kelsey talk about me

First of all, how the fuck did she know about my parents being dead, and second of all who the fuck does she think she is for just yelling that in front of everyone. I look to my left and notice Lina looking at me with sadness and soon enough everyone else begins to stare at me as well, including Xander.

"Fuck you" I mutter before I shove right past her and away from everyone's whispers about me.

"Ari wait!" I hear Lina yell for me, I turn around and face her while quickly wiping away my tears.

"I'm fine Lina, really." I try to assure her but by the look on her face, I can tell she does not believe me whatsoever.

"It's okay to be upset about this Ari," She says as she sits next to me on the bench and gives me a tight side hug.

"I'm fine Lina, it just caught me off. That's all." I say and then we both look up and see Kelsey dramatically running out of the gym.

"It's cold Arya, let's go back in." She says as she grabs both my hands and leads me back to the gym.

As we walk in, I can feel a shit ton of eyes on me and it just makes me wanna run back outside and stay out there for the rest of the night.

"Hey, are you okay?" Xander says as he rushes over to me, puts both of his hands on my cheeks, and looks down at me with concern. God his hands feel so warm on my face and I can't help but blush a bit.

"Yeah! I'm fine." I say trying to sound as believable as possible. Clearly, that doesn't work since all four of them are staring at me with the same look of pity. Someone shot me.

I despise pity. All my life everyone around me has always seen me as some sort of charity case. After my parents died a few years ago, all my friends and everyone around me started to treat me differently, it's like they were walking on eggshells. I mean yes, of course, my parents' death did take a toll on my mental health and I did shut some people out for a while but after a few months, I was able to bounce back and try to get my life back together. The only person who never changed the way they acted towards me was Ryan.

"Let's go get you something to eat and drink" I hear Jesse say when I finally look away from Xander. Xander and I make our way to the small snack bar and when I turn back to ask Lina something I notice her taking Asher's hand and dragging him towards the dance floor. Awwww!

"I'm so sorry for what Kelsey said" I look back and see Xander looking at me with sad eyes.

"Xander...I already told you, it's not a big deal." I shrug.

"I know but still..." he says.

We all grab a few things from the table and make our way to one of the many tables scattered all around the gym.