70 ❥ a deal with the phoenix

It's been over a month since everything has gone down with Lina, she hasn't spoken to us-

Actually, she did talk to me once and that was to ask me to move out of her way since I was accidentally blocking her locker.

Asher barely comes to school, I think he's only come to school 4 times this month and that's just because he needed to take his exams.

Lili and Jess made up a couple of weeks but they're both still pretty on edge.

The news of Xander and Arya getting back together shattered the hearts of literally all the girls at this school but the two of them have never looked happier.

Speaking of Xander, he invited all of us to his house tonight...and I mean ALL OF US.

To say I'm nervous to see Lina would be a fucking understatement.

I'm fucking petrified.

"Hey, Mads!" I turn my head and notice Ryan and Arya approaching me.

"Hey."

"Are you coming to Xander's tonight?" Arya asks.

Quick! Come up with an excuse.

"I- I can't!"

"Oh. Why?"

"Because I have to...walk my dog."

What the fuck are you talking about dumbass!

"You don't have a dog." Ryan laughs.

"Oh I know, I just wanted to see how good of a friend you two were and good news, you passed!" I laugh but they just look at me like I'm fucking insane.

"Are you okay? You've been acting weird for weeks." Ryan asks while placing her hand on my forehead.

"I'm fine. Just stressed about acceptance letters coming back." I replied.

I mean half of that statement was true.

I've been waiting for my acceptance letter from the University of London for weeks now!

Some of my friends have already gotten theirs and I'm losing my goddamn mind.

"I think you should come Mads, maybe it will help with your stress," Arya says.

Little does she know that going to Xander's get-together will actually add to it.

"Yeah okay, I'll be there," I say before stopping at the door of my last period.

"Yay! See you there." Arya says before she and Ryan walk off.

Why the fuck did I just agree to that?

I groan before flopping in my seat.

The rest of my day goes by pretty fucking slow, it's currently 6 o'clock which means it's time to head over to Xander's house.

He told everyone 5 o'clock but I kept trying to come up with excuses to try and ditch but then Ryan texted me to make sure I was still going and I said yes.