8 ❥ sealed with a kiss

Fuck

Fuck.

She looks fucking gorgeous.

The guys and I watch as she and Arya come down the stairs, the red silk of her dress cascading down her long, tan body. It's safe to say that she could easily pass for a Victoria's Secret model with the body she has. I reach out my hand to her as she comes down the stairs and gives her a not-so-subtle smirk.

"You look beautiful," I whisper into her ear. I quickly notice how her breath hitches and how a small layer of goosebumps form onto her skin. She just continues looking down at her feet and mumbles something that I'm not sure anyone can form into words.

These past two weeks have been nothing but hell for me. All we have been doing is teasing each other with constant eye contact and little physical contact. This girl will be the death of me. As I get to learn more about her, the more and more I fall for her. It's even gotten to the point where I begin to notice little things she does like how she bites her bottom lip when she's nervous or how her left eye twitches a bit when she's upset. The guy's have been on my ass about this for the past week and it's been driving me insane.

Last week, it was raining and I noticed her standing out in the rain waiting for what I assumed would be the bus, so I asked her if she wanted a ride home. During the ride, we just sat in comfortable silence while we listened to whatever song was playing on my playlist. As soon as we pulled up in front of her apartment complex, I watched her grab her things as she was about to leave my car but I stopped her by grabbing her face in my hands. I was gonna kiss her, I swear...but suddenly the text Madison sent me a few hours prior popped up in my head and I just let go of her and watched as she left my car disappointed. I remember getting home that day and punching the wall in my bedroom because I was so upset.

Madison: We need to talk about it eventually. You can't ignore me forever!

Madison and I broke up two years ago and yet I still can't move on! It's like she has some sort of chokehold on me. So much happened between us within our four years together, she was my first everything and I was hers too but everything went down the fucking drain after that night.

Suddenly I feel Lina turn around to face me and I take that as my cue to put on the corsage that I got her. I notice how she's still not looking me in the eye which starts to make me feel a bit uneasy because I don't want tonight to be awkward.

"Are you okay?" I ask. I am starting to get a bit annoyed with the lack of eye contact, so I gently grab her chin so she can finally look up at me.

"Yep...totally fine!" She says, her voice a bit wobbly. I can tell she's nervous for tonight so to help her feel better, I just laugh at her failed attempt at trying to be calm. I notice myself laughing at her, causing her shoulders to relax a bit as she begins laughing as well.

There it is. There's that beautiful smile.

"Don't worry baby, it's just you and me," I say and then kiss her on the cheek. I have no idea where that confidence came from but based on the way her breath hitched once again and how her cheeks turned a bit red, I can tell that she feels what I am as well and it only makes me want to kiss her again...maybe on the lips this time.