55 ❥ face to face

⚠️ TW: Brief mentions of abuse⚠️

"Please don't be an asshole when we see her," I tell my dad while I drive us to the cafe we're meeting her at.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He asks with a bewildered expression.

I don't know why he's so shocked?

He's a fucking asshole.

"Just say you won't!"

"Fine! Whatever."

God, he's literally a fucking child.

"Do you even feel bad for how you've treated her?" I ask.

I'm genuinely curious.

My dad has never shown remorse for anyone and even though Alyssa isn't his actual daughter, there were moments when he was a good dad to both of us.

Of course, that wasn't many times but there were moments.

"I never did anything to her."

"You're kidding right?"

"I didn't do-"

"How about the times you allowed your whore of a wife to talk down at her or how you barely glanced in her direction after mom died. Do you know how hard it is raising someone when you yourself are still a child?" I ask, my voice beginning to raise in the process.

"Shut the hell up Asher, you act like you were the only one who ever took care of her." He rolls his eyes.

"That's because I was! You were always busy working and Macy was traveling to a new place every fucking week! Don't you think there's a reason why Alyssa has more respect for me than you and why she always defends me in every situation? I was at every one of her tennis matches! I always dropped her off at her friends' house! I spent my money throwing her a birthday party because you forgot! You're a shit father and you know it! So stop acting like you're some god damn saint and just accept the fact that you're a deadbeat dad." I yell.

That shut him up.

Fucking finally.

For once this asshole was left speechless.

Our awkward drive continues for another 15 minutes until I finally park my car in front of the cafe.

We both just sit there for a moment.

I'm confused...is he nervous?

I spent all of last night talking to Lina planning what I was gonna say to Alyssa but it all suddenly flew out of the window.

What if she doesn't forgive me?

What if she wants nothing to do with me?

I feel my hands begin to sweat and my breaths grow ragged.