28 ❥ axton mitchell...apologizing?

"Mr

"Mr.Mitchell, a word?" Mr.D asks right just before I was about to walk out the door.

"What's up?" I ask.

"As you know, the final is tomorrow. How are you feeling?" He asks.

If there's one thing I like about Mr.Douglas, it's the fact that he actually cares whether his students pass his class or not.

"Arya and I have been preparing for weeks now. She's been giving me a bunch of practice worksheets and tests and she thoroughly explains each section of the textbook. I feel pretty confident." I explain.

"Good, I can tell be your past few quiz results that you're gonna pass this final. I just wanted to make sure you were confident in yourself. Especially with your struggles with dyslexia." He explains.

"Pardon me?" I ask, stunned.

How the fuck did he know-

Did Arya tell him?

"Xander, before I suggested that Arya tutor you, I looked through some of your assignments from your other classes. Your papers were good but some of your spelling and grammar were off. So, I did some research and concluded that you struggled with some sort of learning disability. Plus, my son suffers from it as well." He explains.

"You're the first teacher I've had that's ever noticed," I mumble.

"I hope you don't mind me prying Mr.Mitchell but why not ask for help?" He takes a seat in the chair next to mine.

"My family's reputation," I mutter.

"What do you mean?

"My parents were embarrassed to have a less than perfect son. So, they lied and refused to get me help." I admit.

"Wow...I'm sorry Xander."

"Eh, It's fine. I'm okay."

"Well, if you ever need help...with anything, please let me know." He pats my shoulder and sits back in the chair behind his desk.

I nod my head and begin to head out the door.

"Mr.D..." He looks up from his laptop.

"Thank you...for everything." I send him a smile and head out.

I quickly head into the closest bathroom and accidentally run into some people on the way.

"Fuck" I mumble to myself as I stare at my reflection.

I quickly wipe away my tears as I hear a few people walk into the bathroom.

"Xander?" I look in the mirror and see Jesse standing there.

"Hey man!" I send him a fake smile.

"What's wrong?" He asks immediately.

"Nothing." I laugh.