75 ❥ the end of one chapter and the beginning of another

"Can you believe we graduate in a month?" I ask Xander

We're currently laying on his bed after just coming home from school.

"Pfft no. I can't believe they're actually gonna let me graduate." He laughs.

"Did you decide where you're going to school?" I ask him.

After we told Xander about him not being able to play football, he surprisingly took it well.

He said he prefers playing basketball anyway.

And man can he play.

I mean he crushed every team this season.

Oh, and watching a hot and sweaty Xander running up and down the court is definitely a sight I'll never get used to.

I mean I was ready to get down on my knees and-

"Yeah, have you?" He asks.

"Yep."

Xander and I watched as Jesse and Lili's relationship fell apart due to their differing opinions on long distance so we decided to keep our decisions to ourselves until it was too late to back out.

Neither of us wants to hold each other back from the opportunities presented to us.

We've been holding off on this conversation because I think we're both scared that we picked schools on two different coasts.

I mean Xander got offers from schools like Penn State and Ohio State and I got accepted to Columbia and UCLA.

So it could go either way.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

After months of doing research on which school has the best biology program and cancer research center.

I found one school that checked all my boxes.

"USC," I mumble.

"Holy shit babe, that's incredible!"

"Thanks! Yeah, they had everything I was looking for. My backup school was Berkeley." I explain.

"Alright, your turn!" I say.

"So, I had a hard time picking between two schools because they each have amazing teams and they both have great business schools. But I decided to go-drum roll please?" He asks.

I laugh before I start pounding my hands against his bed.

"UCLA!"

HOLY SHIT!

They're only a few miles away from each other!

"Are you serious?" I gasp.

"Yep and you have no idea how glad I am that you chose USC because I don't think I can spend one more minute without you." He says before pulling me onto his lap.