Recap #67: New Year, New Season!

Info Gatherers: Xye
Writers: Xye, King
Editors: your mother

Hello everyone! Bit of a late-night Recap for this one, and we are vibing with it. How are all of you doing? We have been doing pretty good, and have one thing to discuss with you all.

We are currently looking into getting more members, which means we are actively looking over current submissions for being in the team, and also going to choose from the current applications and have new team members. If you are interested in being in any part of the recap, please try out, even if you already have.

Now that we have gotten that tidbit out of the way, we will be moving on to our lovely books! We decided to do a big wrap-up of some books, instead of the normal recap. This is to celebrate the books that were made and a way to celebrate the books that will be here in the new year. Let's get going!

Starting off with Legacies by Soft-estSoundFan, the story follows through from Grian's perspective, who lives in a village akin to that of Salem Village during the time of the witch trials. Set in a magical world where those in possession of it must be dealt with, the day Grian sprouts light, feathery wings from his back is everything but a good day. He is forced on the run and after encountering various other magical allies in the woods, decides to train to bring peace throughout the lands. A few lives lost and friendships broken later, the daunting task begins to feel more and more like a long-lost fantasy.

Now on a completely flipped side of the same coin, adrilxa's book Swap is another Grian-centric one. It's a canon-divergence fic from the time of demise (all the way back from season 6- can you believe it?), and in the unfortunate event where Grian is blown up by a simple tnt trap, he doesn't wake up nor respawn like how he's supposed to. Instead, next to his cold, unmoving body, all Mumbo and Iskall find is a singular tiny computer chip. What could've caused it to be there? Why was it there? And why wasn't Grian waking up?

Taking a break from Grian-centered fics, for now, let's turn our attention to JustAnAverageFreak's book, Love and Despair. In the midst of a lot of wonderful worldbuilding, Mya brings us the story of two brothers and the possible conflict that happened between them. Swimming in an endless, timeless void, Ex has all the time in the world to wallow in his sorrow as the lightless tendrils of void seem to consume him whole. Back in Hermitcraft, X is feeling exactly the same. Despite not having to endure through the physical pain Ex goes through every second in the void, X's heart may as well be torn to shreds. Will the brothers get to reconcile, forgive, and heal? Or will X leave his closest family member and former friend in the endless pits of what seems like hell, always and forever?

As with all these books, you gotta read to find out ;)

You'd think at this point that our team would stop serving up so much angst, and you'd be right, as Silence and Pining by How_The_Time_Flies is a book centered around Scarian! Now while you certainly are right, we're going left, as this book is filled with heart-wrenching pining from these two lovesick fools and not at all a tooth-rotting work full of fluff that you'd imagine. Did I mention that a few certain someones are full-on aware of the two's crushes on each other? That's going to get messy, in the best way possible!~

Moving on from that, we move to the story "Unrecognizable" by PromiseTheMoon, about a world where Mumbo Jumbo himself has been missing for months, the hermits not being able to find a trace of him. Grian, his best friend, is missing him dearly and connects something that happened to Mumbo's base to his disappearance. The hermits brush it off, seeing it as Grian just grasping at straws. But little do they know, he has found more than they could imagine. This was just me summarizing the first chapters, and it's already sounding like a whole book! I highly recommend reading it, there are twists and turns you'll never see coming.

Aaaand finishing us up, we are talking about "The Crossroads" by the wonderful adrilxa (for the newer Hermittpadders, did you know Adri used to be in the Recap? Back when I first joined in like 2020 she was on the team. i feel old -King). The introduction to this story shows us Etho, not in a great place in life, and a person tempts him into doing a dangerous dare, going into a Forest that was declared off-limits by the King. People have been warned from going there, and even the Elite Guard of this world wouldn't dare step foot in those dangerous woods.

Etho decides to go for the dare when he knows 50 coins– money that he needs –is the reward. He ventures in, trying, but eventually backs out. Despite his friend, False, encouraging him for doing the right thing and not doing the dare, he never can stop doing it, and decides once again to venture into the Forest.

And well, there we have it, the New Year's Recap! We can't thank you all enough for sticking with us, or just beginning to read; We went through some tough times, but we are now going for another year, better than ever! We hope that you all have a wonderful new year, and are looking forward to the year, and the new Hermitcraft season, as we are.

As always, have a wonderful day, you wonderful Hermittpadders.