Recap #27: Short and Sweet, But a Mess Nonetheless

- Written by: FandomsUnite05 & Casuallyy -
- Edited by: characterized-cheese -

Today, the recap members procrastinated and left the recap until last minute again. This was super fun. -10/10, will probably happen again :)

According to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of people that read the recap are actually following the recap. So if you end up liking this recap, do consider following the recap account. It's free and you can always change your mind. Enjoy the recap!

 Enjoy the recap!

In all seriousness, we've come up with a monthly schedule once and for all! Hopefully we'll be able to keep it together for the foreseeable future. As always, we appreciate you guys a ton when it comes to reading the recap, as it really helps keep the Hermittpad community connected as tight as we are! :D

First on the agenda, we'd like to congratulate TeamAngsty on their incredible FvA entries to the prompt 'time', keeping their three-game win streak! Both teams did amazingly, and a big thank you to _adrilia_ for creating and hosting Fluff Vs. Angst once again! There will be a fourth competition sometime in the future, so make sure to keep an eye out! All the entries from past competitions can be found on the team profiles, TeamFluffy and TeamAngsty! Congrats again to the winners!

On a more bittersweet note, NoNamedNerd will be leaving the Hermittpad community. They have created so many amazing stories and art pieces for the fandom, all of which are still available to read on their profile! We'll miss them a lot, and best of luck to them and their future!

We've also got a few hiatuses including One_Pan_Band, and Casuallyy from their main. See you two when you get back!

On an unrelated note, mleppp has decided that a cat's natural alignment is chaotic dumbass. As a group of chaotic dumbasses ourselves, we wholeheartedly agree.

We've got a few new Discord servers on the rise, including an MCYT and Hermitcraft based one by MayaTheWatcher, complete with (better than real school) assignments and optional roleplaying - check out MCYTUniversity for more info!

Another Discord server we happened to stumble across was one belonging to the new anime Bdubs cult. You heard us right. This cult - started by HamburgerBarcode on the Wattcraft server - now has an informational book by OliveTheHermitFan, and yes, a Discord. Mildly concerning, but in a way characteristic of Hermittpad.

[Side note from Saph, I may or may not have joined said cult. For research purposes of course :) ]

Speaking of cults, the Bdoc cul- I mean revolution- Discord server will be hosting their very own secret santa event! Signups are until the 27th, so if you're interested in giving and receiving Bdoc art, fics, or animatics, DM us (the recap) for an invite!

Now moving onto the very anticipated milestones. As usual, we've got some exciting ones this week! We've got OliveTheHermitFan with 50 followers, Aria_Cinabun with 460 followers, and Scu_fty with 840 followers (wow!!)! We've also got characterized-cheese with 10k reads on Hermitcraft oneshots, and radiant-kitty with 1.5k reads on "Wish Upon A Star" (about Grian wanting to thrive with friends but his body went no <3 -llama)

And with that, let's get onto book updates!

Fluff lovers, this one's for you! Newfoundland_Aiden wrote some fluffy fix-it continuations to some of Baguettes_cool 's angst stories.

Angst lovers? Gotcha covered too with X and EX angst! ThiccKitty8 wrote one that's totally got our attention with brotherly "love". You know we love that here!

_adrilia_ finished her Alters miniseries off with a bonus chapter of lore, notes, and headcanons about Ex, NPG, BadTimes, TrueSymmetry, and Hels. What a way to wrap it up!

And speaking of completed miniseries, Ariyaquila finished a 3-part miniseries about the H.E.P. and the Mycelium Resistance. Amazing quality as always! (*aggressive clapping* yay birdman :D -llama)

Also writing about H.E.P and the Mycelium Resistance is Indominus_Gaming in a recent oneshot!

The_Guestinator wrote some fluffy Tangrian, thank you for this rarepair content. o7

OdalRune314 came up with a new AU- the hermits are mythical creatures, but the twist is that they all think that the others are human. Very creative!!

And while we're talking about AUs, how about thathermitweirdo's Hero AU? Their book "Hero AU" is being re-written, which was renamed as "Behind His Smile".

And even more on AUs, BirdLover345 released a pilot oneshot for a planned AU :D

Lastly, we've got the return of a Hermittpad classic trope: Hermits finding Hermittpad! Itz_Larissa brings back this classic in their latest Hermitcraft oneshot! This time, we've got Grian, Joe, and Doc, who are mistaken for cosplayers. Let me just tell you, this trope is a Hermittpad favorite for a reason.

AAaaaAAnd that's about it for this week! With that, this is the Recap team signing off! Thanks for sticking with us, and we'll see you next week :D