Author Recap #2

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the second Author Recap! This one is a mix of last week and this week as we were still trying to get our footing, but may be shorter because a lot of us have been busy this week.

Also, if you want to apply for the Recap team, we have posted a link to a Google form on our message board. We're not sure how many new members we need, but the workload is getting a little overwhelming and we need more helpers.

Without further ado, let's get into the recap!

TheJangler was revealed as, well...

...us...

and we're retiring the account for now. If you haven't seen our message board, we're reusing it for a new Library Account where all Hermittpad fanfics will be stored. It's still in the making, but we're all pretty excited!

This week along with the past few have been pretty bad for everyone's notifications. We think Wattpad has been going to the bar and getting drunk one too many times now, but there's not much we can do except hope and complain. So keep in mind that if someone doesn't respond to something you said, that may be why!

_Ash-Potato_ hit 50 followers this week, because of their devoted efforts in both the roleplay and writing community of Hermittpad. Coolrena, largefrenchbread, and The_Ultrish_Kingdoms, similarily, hit 100 followers this week! Congrats, you four!

WindyHurricane_01 hit 2.8k reads on their most popular book, which is a big step for them!

hxrmits has opened a new poetry book on her profile, and we're excited to see where it goes!

Along with that, Erica also decided to make her poor readers suffer with some Xisuma angst in the rain. Check out her book, the one with the confusing baguette language as the title.

Oh, speaking of Baguette, for you musical fans: Hamilton x Heathers. Heatherton. Hamilthers? Anyway, take a look at her message board for info.

And on the topic of HAMILTON—

These transitions are great.

The cult members of the Hermittpad Discord have started developing Hamilpad, or Hamilton x Hermittpad! Shameless self plug here, but we still need a Lafayette and Mulligan, so if you're interested—

Ariyaquila hit 77 followers. Doc would approve.

ultimatebookworm12 left readers screaming after a literal cliffhanger (not to mention the writing cliffhanger the chapter before) in Hermitcraft Stuff. She also decided to unpublish Hamilton Stuff to catch up on her Hermitcraft fics.

CasuallyAFangirl finally updated her Iskall Oneshots book! Be sure to check that out!

Duskstorm1 is back! We missed you!!

Architect_mates has published a new book on their profile! Check it out!

OdalRune314 changed her profile picture! #AcePride

AquaticAndFantastic has split her oneshots/stories into multiple books in attempts to organize it!

On a sadder note, Dogtrot13 lost a family member...we hope the best for you the best and send our best wishes. <3

The-Watchers-Void has started writing poems in their book now titled roleplay and poems. Some poems include a little bit of roleplay in them, but the ones in italics are... poems related directly to the writer...? It turns out that a lot of these poems are about human psychology and feelings centered around depression. Rena (if you didn't know, just check their location. It's been a while anyway) writes here about both her own experiences with depression and depression in general, giving both positive advice and explaining her thoughts and feelings when she is feeling down.

And with that topic comes NoEnvyJustEnby. Please know that people care about you. Suicide is not worth it. Things will get better. Your life may feel horrible now, but please give it a chance and some time. We all love and support you.

But let's not end on a sad note! _Ash-Potato_ has started a Kat Cult, so if you see a bunch of people with the same profile picture of a cat, you know why! You can find out more about the change of profile pic and profile name in Ash Potato's fire organization book! Why is it there? We don't know. But we aren't here to judge, we're here to recap!

So that's it for the recap this week! It's shorter than usual due to many people being busy and Coolrena being bad at finding information (seriously how do you guys find things?!), and we may sound like a broken record, but really, we will get on stable footing eventually. If you want to help, don't forget to fill out the form to apply to join the recap! We'll see you next week!