Recap #82 - The A in AU Stands For ANGST

Info Gatherers: Sara, Saph
Writers: Sara, Livy, Aero, Crocs, Saph
Editors: Saph

Welcome to this week's Hermittpad Recap, stuffed with new, updated, and chaotic fanfics of the Hermitcraft Server! We've got quite a few stories to cover, so let's jump right in.

But first, we'd like to shamelessly plug our Discord server, the Recap Hub! If you're not there, you'd better be (or else 🔫 /j). We're posting daily writing prompts there (cough cough we haven't updated in almost a month -Livy), and we want to get it more active! Check the comments for the link :D

EnderDragon34 has published The Hermitcraft Play! In the midst of Season 9, Joe decides to cast the hermits in a play they don't know about and perform for their friends outside the server! Watch- er, rather, read, as Grian becomes the main character of the show and the rest of them turn into overly-explained memes of roles! Will they make it through rehearsal? Or will they miserably fail on the premiere?

Through the power of writing, dumbunmasc is hoping to improve their writing skills in their new one-shots book Many May! They also ask for you readers to, quote, "pelt their ego" as they want to improve, so comment to your heart's content!

The Warning is a new book by Juicealyn, based on events that happened on Season 9 of Hermitcraft! After almost dying to a deadly fall, Grian wonders why he is still, well, walking! And while he has led their viewers to believe the rift is magical, it really isn't! Unless...

Are you a fan of rock? Is Fall Out Boy one of your favorite bands by chance? Because the debut of this book is sponsored by Immortals! Ametxhyst has graced the community with a new song-fic book, MCYT Songfics! Right off the bat, we have a small oneshot, sharing the platonic relationship of Pearl and Gem! Warning for lots and lots of death, lovelies ;)

A new DSMP x Hermitcraft crossover has joined the fray! Floriq 's new fic, Two Collides, specifically follows the Bench Trio from the DSMP (Ranboo, Tubbo and Tommy) and their entrance into Hermitcraft!

And now, let's move on to the old classics of the community!

To start us off, AvianFalls has just published a new chapter of Hels Rebellion, first focusing on Wels and Xisuma and later towards some others, namely Etho, Beef, Doc, Impulse, Bdubs, Scar, and Keralis for a party in the hacienda.

Next up is Crazycatmeow413 with another chapter of Meteor Effect, now featuring Stress, stuck in a dilemma with the urge to help Scar. However, she needs to help herself first, and somehow ends up helping someone with the gardens. In fact, Meteor Effect received more than one update this week, but you'll have to go read on for yourself for more!

Chapter 54 (holy crap that's a lot of chapters) of Doubled Powers has dropped this week! Author Echo-Of-The-Past brings us a thunderstorm which startles Grian, not to mention the abnormal amount of lightning! Is it just nature being crazy, or is there something more to it?-

-Millipeede- brings us the 23rd chapter of MoonTears! In this week's update, Grian gets a little violent, promptly taking out his anger following Pearl's confrontation. Remember kids; find healthy ways to process your emotions!

Help guide the narrative of mynamessLemon's most recent oneshot by choosing between two decisions at the end! First comment gets to choose, so hopefully for you there's still time when you read this! Mind the trigger warnings as you follow the small group of hermits trapped together!

Smells Like Coffee, the coffee shop AU by ThatOneWaterCat comes to us this week with a chapter full of sleep-deprived Etho and scheming friends over the possibility of Bdubs and Etho being together!

This week's update of Daisies by Hermitdere32 immediately starts off with some trigger warnings, so mind those as you dive into the promptly named chapter "Let's Play Dress-Up!"! In this chapter, we switch between Xisuma's perspective and that of someone named Blue, who clarifies isn't what readers - and Xisuma - thought he was. At the end of the chapter the author graciously clarifies characters and drops some details about upcoming chapters!

After a bit of a writer's block-induced hiatus, IconicCan is back with You Did What! This chapter isn't a regular chapter, rather a lovely art dump with an author's note to suit! I'm sure many of us can sympathize with the stress of semester exams, so let's wish them luck on theirs! Take your time with returning to regular chapter updates!

Following up on the oneshot Ghost, TinyAzalea101 presents a part two of the xBralis oneshot with a sequel; The Apparition in the Attic! A new person is introduced to xB, and the initial reaction is about as chaotic as you'd expect!

For any Owl House fans out there, XandeaTheWatcher has posted to their oneshots book a proposed AU surrounding the show, assigning hermits to the various characters! The various details they give already has many of us hyped for this AU!

That_One_Girl_LOL is participating in the event hosted by @MushroomFearie ; Many May! The oneshot she posted is a Grian and Ren centered fic set in college! It's also a soulmate-esc au, and a unique take on it too!

If you're in need of a Watcher AU with no shortage of some good ol' Grian angst, look no further than the latest chapter of Taken By The Rift by Night5kyes! The author indicates when the triggering part begins and ends, so you may want to keep an eye out for that when reading!

Poetry more up your alley? How about some angsty poetry? What a coincidence! JayJayBeansBirds has just that! Nothing for Me follows the perspective of a rather bitter Evil Xisuma and his thoughts regarding his brother and his brother's opinions on him.

Nothing like a classic sickfic to wrap up the last of our updates for the week! Written by Phoom_ , poor Bdubs has fallen ill but thankfully Doc is there to take care of him! (Me when Bdoc <3333 -Crocs)

And with books wrapped up, that brings us to other happenings of the week, beginning by congratulating BirdgetTh3B1RD on reaching 400 followers! Congratulations!

We mentioned earlier, but yes IconicCan is experiencing some writer's block and with the upcoming exams, we should all go spread some love and support!

Another user experiencing writer's block is Mii_Writez, which means that Blood Red Roses is currently on hold. Go spread some support and love to them as well!!

We'd also like to welcome  back into the Hermitcraft fandom! Hello again and we're glad to see you back!

With all of that said, have an amazing week! Be sure to support your favorite writers of Hermittpad by voting and commenting on their works, it's fantastic motivation to any writer. Until next time, Hermittpad, take care! <3