Recap #78: there's a surprising number of college aus

Info Gatherers: Azael, King, Fluffy
Writers: Crocs, King
Editors: King

Another month is among us (SUS)! Whilst the Hermits were busy pranking each other for April Fool's Day, y'all were busy writing! Tell us; did you manage to bamboozle anyone? What got you this past Friday? Well, regardless of how April has started for you, we hope a little fanfiction will make it all the better!

Before we jump into the recapping, we'd like to invite you all to join the discord server The Recap Hub! Currently, Crocs takes some time to dump their thoughts into the general channel and they're not quite sure if that's the best thing to do- but if you're in for some occasionally weird thoughts (with more cursed ones to follow) and also would love to chat about all things Hermittpad and more, please consider joining!! :D

Are you missing the Turf War of Season 7? Consider Mycelium's Grace, a book by E2j6hu6! Releasing Chapter 15 this week, this fanfic follows the Resistance's attempt to take care of a sentient mycelium with the brain of a five-year-old! It also involves a crossover with the DreamSMP if you're a fan of that! 

NinjaKitty1928 and CloudWriterGrey collaborated this week to make But It's Not a Date! Check out the oneshots book on Ninja's and Cloud's pages for a cute Zedaph x Tango fic! If seeing two idiots obliviously pine for each other is something you can't get enough of, definitely go check it out!

Ever wondered what Zedaph from Crazycatmeow413's fic Meteor Effect does with all of his shed wool? Well so does Tango! In this very brief chapter, the question is finally answered!

A Rift Through Worlds by MurtoK is a crossover with the DreamSMP! Our main cast includes Tommy, Dream, Evil X, and 'Uncle' Xisuma! In the most recent chapter, Evil X and Tommy hang out for a bit, but not all stays playful banter forever.

NinjaKitty1928 has also provided a Jels hanahaki oneshot as per request in their oneshots book! Although the disease isn't uncommon for the server, that doesn't make the blue orchids Jevin finds himself "creating" to be any less painful. Will his unrequited love be reciprocated? Gotta read to find out!

The 27th chapter of Banished: Resistance is Futile by MayaTheWatcher has been updated this week! In this week's chapter, not only do we learn the finale is encroaching, but the update mainly follows Xisuma contemplating while it rains outside!

Arlo_TheGoodDinosaur has started a brand new book; Chains! Season 8's Boatem Crew of Mumbo, Impulse, Pearl, Grian, and Scar mysteriously go missing following a pillager raid! D:

Choose is a MCYT/Hermitcraft Divergent AU by DakotahWinters! For those unaware, Divergent is the first book in a dystopian trilogy although you don't need to have read those books to enjoy this new fic! If you, yes you the reader, would be interested in being a character within this story, then join their super cool discord server!

Cub, Joe, and Scar have a brilliant idea of throwing a party at Keralis' house in KeichiAkechi24's latest oneshot in their book Crazy Adventures of Hermitcraft 9! Is Keralis aware of this party? Of course not, that would take the fun out of it! :D

Everybody Wants to Rule the World by PacificSeaOtter is a 16 chapter 3rd live fic, which has been deemed completed as of this week! So, if you are someone who enjoys a good, angst-filled 3rd life fanfic full of death, blood, and other such horrors that accompany 3rd life, consider binging this book!

AquaticMcFan has updated their Hermitcraft Stories book with a pixlzloy fic! Thunderstorm is the second prompt in our spring prompts challenge which this author has chosen to follow! :D (you should too maybe? yes?) When Zloy gets caught in the rain, his best friend Pixl is there to let him in and help him get dry!

Robotic Hearts is Drakonsnake's au where Zedaph decides nothing can go wrong with building a robotic clone! This week it has reached its 23rd chapter! In this angst-filled chapter, one of the clones longs to be human through the static pain they're experiencing! Fun times!

College is Weird is, you guessed it, a college AU fic! It can be found in puppiesandpin's oneshots book and not only that, but it's a HypnoCrafted fic as well! Following the perspective of xB, the fresh meat figures perhaps he should try to make some friends make his college experience more enjoyable.

Continuing with our theme of books, Casuallyy has republished most of their books! Glad to see these iconic chapters back :)

If you want to learn more about different worlds and AUs, we suggest checking out AliasUnknwnn, who is currently holding a Q&A regarding their Hermitcraft AU, Pentatwist. Along with that, Meva400 is hosting a long-term competition, which is a Songfic Challenge!

Now, we did see that Valviolet1 was wanting help spreading the word for a College AU, and we thought we are well suited for the job! Go spread the word and check it out. You always hear about Highschool aus, why don't we ever hear about College aus? (SMH I want to see my favorite Hermit crying about student debt and ramen -King)

With the theme of spreading the word, let's talk about some fun milestones the community has achieved!

First, our lovely _GMAN_ has been on Wattpad for 2 years, congrats, you are the MAN. Hahaha. Ha. Hahaha. I'm such a WEIRDO, like thathermitweirdo, who has also been on Wattpad for 2 years! (why did i write this -king)

And to top that all off, CallMeSausage has been on Wattpad for 4 years. Now call me- old? Call Sausage old? I don't have anything for this one

To cap this little section off, puppiesandpink's Hermitcraft book hit 12k views, congrats!!

We also have an important, important announcement. Get PineappleWing to 50 followers! :D

Haha mr life is a joke man has his birthday happy birthday EX hahaa joke man

OH, WHAT'S THIS? Grian's rock, The__Entity, seems to have found their way onto Hermittpad. They have created a book of sorts that seems to be highlighting their adventures with Grian. Wonder what plans they have....

And to end this chapter, TinyAzalea101 has written an essay about our dear Scar. This is truly amazing, we all rejoice. Thank you for making this masterpiece. (/gen)

As always, we hope you all have a wonderful week, and we are excited to see you next week! Remember to take care of yourself, and as always, stay hydrated! <3