Recap #98: Happy Birthday Azael! :D

Info Gatherers: YourFriendWillow, helicopter_stanMushroomFearie
Writers: crystai_queer, YourFriendWillowMurtoK
Editors: helicopter_stan

Hellooo miners and crafters of Hermittpad, and welcome back to another week of the wonderful chaos we call the recap! We've got a healthy amount of updates from all corners of the community this week, so let's jump right to them, shall we?

Before we get into the awesome content y'all have been putting out, how about ya give a warm welcome to our newest archivers; MushroomFearie, sulfur_loaf, Happywolfgamer1432, GhostFox_, and Duckygirl11! Welcome <3

And, as always, if you are looking to help out in the team please feel free to apply, we are always looking for new trials!

Now to move on to our lovely stories!

Starting off with the recently updated stories, Ghosty_Toasty_Time returns with a new chapter of A Bunny and a Bird~, where Grian, following the events of the previous chapter, ends up in a cell in the Void Prison, where he'd fallen into with Sam by accident. He wakes up cuffed and in a somewhat rough shape and meets one of the guards of the prison, who in turn informs him that he is in for a wild trip. Sam has been put in the same cell as him, however, and we are left to wonder whether the guards are the actual threat to Grian in that prison.

In the new chapter of A Chaotic Camping Trip ThatOneWaterCat brings punishment amongst the rule breakers of said camping trip! Ren, one of the rule breakers in question, is not at all thrilled with the punishment Xisuma comes up with but it's either that or something far worse *shivers* Meanwhile Scar is experiencing mild panic as he tries to hide his little kitten, Jellie, because she'd be discovered otherwise -and he isn't supposed to have her with him! Lastly, it is time for the trip to head towards the water. The final day is coming, ma dudes!

XandeaTheWatcher has updated Vexed Hearts || A Hermitcraft AU! Cub meets the crown prince, Scar, in the ballroom full of people. It's perhaps the one of the most important moments in Cub's life as the prince asks him for a dance! And by the end of it, he may make a friend out of him...

atreeofashes brings us the third chapter of their book The Hunt, in which Grian has a flashback to the time when he was taken to Hermitcraft. Who is this person who saves him from the massive fire, and why did they choose not to kill him? Just remember to heed the warnings for this story when reading it. This book is also being crossposted to Ao3 under the same username, so feel free to check it out there too!

Happiness and peace bring problems, peeps is the newest chapter of MurtoK's book A Rift Through Worlds (A Dream SMP x Hermitcraft AU), in which Xisuma is trying to teach Dream how to be a responsible admin, opposed to the recklessness of his past. Meanwhile, Fundy is trying to find Callahan, the Dream SMP's other admin, in the hopes that he can help free False from the bedrock she's trapped in. With this story steadily coming to an end, it'll be interesting to see where this exciting tale goes

We have some wonderful Incorrect Quotes in ButterFlies77WritesOneshots! (Mostly Hermitcraft) book. They are really funny (and really sound like something the Hermits would say) and you should definitely go check it out.

The tenth chapter of SparklingWonderQueen's story A Change In The Horizon || The Lost One AU follows Grian and Miesall as they try to travel through the Nether. It's not an easy task, having many obstacles that the two have to avoid which, luckily, are not beyond their abilities.

Those were all lovely updates :D. Now, onto the new stories!

RDFROST brings us The Flames Inside | A Watcher Grian Story; Book 2, the sequel to their book Watched |A Watcher!Grian AU, which you should definitely check out first if you haven't already. The small group of hermits have been trapped in a dimension that isn't their own, after having discovered that their close friend Grian is actually the bad guy. How will they deal with this new reality? And will they ever get him back? Only time will tell :)

Also brand new is DL_Dchhha's fic, Kingdom Hearts Craft! In this AU's first chapter we get a taste of what awaits, involving missing friends, missing memories, and a cryptic lead that will take our Hermits to the Castle of Lost Hearts.

Lastly for our new books trans-sunflowrs has decided to start one for Whumptober 2022, keep an eye out for all the exciting stories sure to come from this year's prompts!

Conversely, LilyAndSoe's book, Gifted: A Hermitcraft AU, will be going on hiatus. Take all the time you need!

Moving on from those fun reads to announcements, Ender_An has plans to rewrite their fic, Purple Feathers, can't wait to see this unfold! :eyes:

crystai_queer is leaving Wattpad for good, but to anyone wanting to continue following their writing and art, check out their other socials linked in their bio!

Coltsfoot has returned from their trip, welcome back dude!

MayaTheWatcher has changed their username to magicallity-! 2 years and we got a username change, heck yeah! (Glad you found one, it was stupidly hard for me and I ended with helicopter stan)

That's all for announcements this week, so why don't we take a look at all of y'all's wonderful milestones?

To start us off DakotahWinters hit 200 followers! Congratulations!!

EteTheWildsoul hit 30 followers! Woohoo!

HermitCraftNewsies also hit 30 followers! :O twinning?

Elliot-Rivera's book of Hermitcraft Oneshots now has 2k reads, amazing!

SwoopyMC hit 80 followers! Congratulations!

The Community Recap has hit 33k reads, woah! Thanks for the support y'all <3

And last but certainly not least, it's our very own helicopter_stan's birthday! Go wish Azael a happy birthday! (and maybe ask if she'd like to start picking out a retirement home <3 /j) (I don't know who put this but sHUT-)

In other news, elisussthebettuss is hosting a contest called OG October, go check it out if that sounds interesting to you!

Well, that's all for now, don't forget to apply to join the recap if it interests you, and we'll see you next week! (unless HoTGuY comes for our heads too-) (cuteguy is coming too we need to be careful)

Thanks for all your support though, it really encourages us to continue this recap <3